Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 Elite sticker auto vs 2008 Bowman Chrome

2007 Elite Sticker vs 2008 Chrome on Card

• 2007 Elite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
Player does not have a Sterling. The Elite is obviously numbered. Long term, which one do you think will retain the most value / jump the highest when player is called up?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Longterm I'm not sure anyone can really say...

Perhaps Bowman looses its lure and EEE gains steem and a MLB licens. Maybe 5 or 10 years from now, Bowman no longer exists. There are just too many variables to predict long term in my opinion. However, here and now, the on-card Bowman would be the better pull and would more likely sell better as well.

So, if this was for the PC, it would be a toss up between a '07 sticker EEE and a '08 Chrome on card. If it were for long term future gain, I'd choose something other than baseball cards. but if forced to choose, I'd take the earlier EEE card as a gamble.

rookierolodex

Sep 17, 2008
I have mulled over this before my self, I have an austin jackson elite #/25 and have wondered when is the right time to move, due to the chrome, chrome looks better, and some people will always want the chrome, but as n the past elite have proven the guy gets hot, then elite sell well, tough call I dont think you go wrong either way.

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
carlitoson said:
tonyrios said:
If it helps, the player I'm talking about is Austin Jackson.

Why not the 2005 Justifiable auto? There are only 350 of those.

Using history as a guide line, when a player gets hot, his Justifiable autos don't have the same jump in price as Justifiable autos. I get that it's two years ago, but I don't see Justifiable getting an MLB contract before Donruss or getting as much attention.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
carlitoson said:
tonyrios said:
If it helps, the player I'm talking about is Austin Jackson.

Why not the 2005 Justifiable auto? There are only 350 of those.

because it looks like shat

Have to agree here.

I would think it has a place in a PC, but th quality is just not there as with EEE or Chrome. Which as much to do with demand as anything.

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
Huffamaniac said:
The fact the poll is so close really says a lot about Elite.
Ajax's Elites already do sell higher than his BC's, so I don't see how BC has a +1 lead right now if market demand is higher for his EEE's.

ccolwell

Aug 7, 2008
NC
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Elite is the first year card. Period.

Agreed. I have a small Ajax PC where I have stocked up on Elite autos but with bowman I went after just some blue ref (non auto), xfractors, etc etc.

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
ccolwell said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Elite is the first year card. Period.

Agreed. I have a small Ajax PC where I have stocked up on Elite autos but with bowman I went after just some blue ref (non auto), xfractors, etc etc.

Yeah, I remember you bought a small Bowman Chrome non-auto lot from me, which makes me think where those stand value wise compared to both of these. Before BC, but no auto. I should have added this.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
If he really heats up, you'll make a profit regardless of which one you own.

As I've said all along, I'd go with Elite.

richezOne

Aug 11, 2008
BAY AREA, CA
TelePlayer22 said:
If he really heats up, you'll make a profit regardless of which one you own.

As I've said all along, I'd go with Elite.

+1

licensed or not... Donruss elite is still a big player in the card world...

Latest posts