Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

09 Ultimate Patches...Anyone making the set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
I'm thinking of putting the set together and have been concentrating on some of the lower print cards first (at the cost of getting some of the better patches of the more common players). Is anyone else trying to do this or are you all mostly filling out those player collections?

Here are some of my haul so far: (I've also got a Kaline incoming)

JonesChipper09Ultimate.jpgJeterDerek09UltPatch.jpgJenkinsFergie09Ult.jpgBeltranCarlos09Ult.jpg
KempMatt09UltPatch.jpg
KershawClayton09Ultimate.jpg
MatsuzakaDisuke09Ultimate.jpgPujolsAlbert09Ult.jpgReyesJose09Ultimate.jpgRipkenCal09Ultimate.jpgSutterBruce09Ultimate.jpgWellsVernon09Ultimate.jpg

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
Amazing stuff as always Greg, but no Clemente yet? The market has been dry up though.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
That the way to do it as the sps will dry up before you know it. I've been picking up some of the retired players from the set and now have yount, beltran, griffey sr., and eddie murray. Good luck!

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
Those are great. I'm not going for the set, just trying to get as many Posada's and Rivera's as I can. I'd like to add a Jeter, but with only 5, that will be tough.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Chris D. said:
Those are great. I'm not going for the set, just trying to get as many Posada's and Rivera's as I can. I'd like to add a Jeter, but with only 5, that will be tough.

Actually its only 3 now. If Bigfan has one and may go after the set and Bee8love?? has one. Those two will probably never see the light of day again.

Shep

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
shepsspot said:
Chris D. said:

Actually its only 3 now. If Bigfan has one and may go after the set and Bee8love?? has one. Those two will probably never see the light of day again.

Shep

Yeah, and forget the one numbered 2/5 because that will go for stupid money.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Chris D. said:
shepsspot said:
[quote="Chris D.":nehf7dao]Those are great. I'm not going for the set, just trying to get as many Posada's and Rivera's as I can. I'd like to add a Jeter, but with only 5, that will be tough.

Shep

Yeah, and forget the one numbered 2/5 because that will go for stupid money.[/quote:nehf7dao]

Here is my #2/5, yup, it will never see the light of day again. :D :D

Jeter09UltimatePatch2-5.jpg

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Chris D. said:
shepsspot said:
[quote="Chris D.":35rgkv4o]Those are great. I'm not going for the set, just trying to get as many Posada's and Rivera's as I can. I'd like to add a Jeter, but with only 5, that will be tough.

Shep

Yeah, and forget the one numbered 2/5 because that will go for stupid money.[/quote:35rgkv4o]

I actually think thats the one he has, I might be wrong but I think he showed that in a pick-up thread.

Shep

*Edit*
What he posted ^

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
Be8el0ve said:
Chris D. said:
shepsspot said:
[quote="Chris D.":18qjqt9a]Those are great. I'm not going for the set, just trying to get as many Posada's and Rivera's as I can. I'd like to add a Jeter, but with only 5, that will be tough.

Shep

Yeah, and forget the one numbered 2/5 because that will go for stupid money.

Here is my #2/5, yup, it will never see the light of day again. :D :D

Jeter09UltimatePatch2-5.jpg[/quote:18qjqt9a]

:lol: I hate you.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
theplasticman said:
I'm going after a set... of one player. :lol:

That's the problem I think I'll encounter. I see Pinbreakers Edgar collection and other guys' player collections and I realize that what i considered the higher print runs might actually dry up sooner. As it is these patches are expensive so this might be a very tough set to finish.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Bigfan5 said:
theplasticman said:

That's the problem I think I'll encounter. I see Pinbreakers Edgar collection and other guys' player collections and I realize that what i considered the higher print runs might actually dry up sooner. As it is these patches are expensive so this might be a very tough set to finish.

My guy is already drying up.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
gvsu96 said:
Bigfan5 said:
theplasticman said:

My guy is already drying up.

Who's your guy?

Members online

Latest posts