Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

phils mayberry jr.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
any thoughts on him? Doesn't hit for average and strikes out a ton....any future on this team? Will he be in ST?

Thanks,
Eric

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
CJ Henry, who came over in the Abreu trade with the Yankees, quit baseball to play basketball... then I believe he was resigned by the Yankees.

In any event, Mayberry, Jr. started hot and cooled down significantly. He will be in spring training; in fact, he's one of the autograph guests for the Phillies PhanFest tomorrow night.

Ben Francisco projects to be the first backup outfielder should Werth/Ibanez/Victorino go down, and he should make the ML roster. Mayberry may be the 5th outfielder on the roster, or may find himself in Lehigh Valley when the season starts. Most likely Lehigh, as he still has minor league options and the Phillies signed Ross Gload for 2 yrs $2.6 mill as a 5th outfielder. Right now, he doesn't really project into future plans, as far as I can tell, but things change. Ibanez and Werth could very likely be gone after this season, and while Dom Brown will certainly fill one of the spots, it is unknown who will take the other. Could be Francisco, could be Mayberry, could be a free agent.

If I was investing, it wouldn't be in Mayberry.

Members online

Latest posts