Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
I brought a card on ebay on feb. 13. I got the card last week and left feedback. I waited a couple days and the seller did not leave feedback so I contacted him with no response. Waited another 3-4 days and sent him another message and still no response. Is it normal for people to take this long to give feedback?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Canocollector#1 said:
I brought a card on ebay on feb. 13. I got the card last week and left feedback. I waited a couple days and the seller did not leave feedback so I contacted him with no response. Waited another 3-4 days and sent him another message and still no response. Is it normal for people to take this long to give feedback?

I have 50+ feedback to leave a month....normally I do it at the end of the month....if I can remember :?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I leave feedback once a week, and sometimes I forget to do it that often. I always leave feedback, but there are MANY MANY others that dont care to leave anything.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I wait until the seller leaves me feedback... I don't mind scratching his back if he's going to scratch mine, but I'm not actually going to go out of my way to tell him my back needs scratching. Or something... :lol:

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
chashawk said:
gvsu96 said:
A lot of people never leave feedback.
QFT

Which to me, as a seller, seems kind of silly. Sellers can no longer leave anything but positive FB, so why not do it once the item is paid for?

As a seller I always leave feedback when the auction is paid for and packaged.
I have more auctions that I can count where I have not gotten feedback.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
gvsu96 said:
A lot of people never leave feedback.
QFT

Which to me, as a seller, seems kind of silly. Sellers can no longer leave anything but positive FB, so why not do it once the item is paid for?

Just because it's paid doesn't mean the buyer's not going to try and scam you. If he does, would you want to have left him positive feedback?? In this case, I'd rather leave no feedback than positive feedback.

Regardless, feedback is optional, and hounding a seller to leave you feedback is many times going to get you either 1) nasty emails back telling you that "feedback is optional and I'll leave it when I want" or 2) the seller will then not leave feedback because you're just annoying him.

But as others have said, many buyers AND sellers just do feedback all at once, because it's easier to copy and paste the feedback text once a month instead of having to type it out 50 times a month (or more if it's a high volume buyer/seller).

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Feedback is 100% optional and it seems like everyone (buyers and sellers alike) have their different standards for leaving it.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
As a seller, I leave it as soon as payment is received and package is ready to go.

Strangely enough, I find that buyers are the ones who often leave me no feedback. Odd.

Members online

Latest posts