Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Local Card Store got ROBBED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
http://www.myrecordjournal.com/wallingf ... 002e0.html

This happened on Wednesday, but I just found the article.

Some of you may remember I was going to help the owner sell some cards online...I dont think thats gonna happen for a little while.

He might now be the nicest guy in the world, but stuff like this is horrible. Jack (the owner) told me he got smashe din the back of the head with an basketball display case = 10 staples to the back of the head. In case you cannot tell, the man is fraile and weighs about 115-120, assaulting him wouldnt be necessary to rob him.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
descott77 said:
thats terrible...and the worst is that it always happens to good people

There are some people that would agrue this...Honestly he is good to me whenver I go in there, but not everybody thinks highly of him. In all I hope that the guy gets caught and get some good jail time for this.

I joke with Jack all the time about getting a loan to buy his store. I would be damned if I was gonna be robbed (unless it was gun point). My advice to Jack was to invest in a Tazer.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Madness.

"He weighs less than 140 lbs"- Doubt that. That man doesn't weigh an ounce over 110 after watching that clip. How old is he?

Either way, not cool.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I dont know the specifics regarding how much was taken, but I know it was only the stuff in the register and the bank bag. No murchandise was touched. When we were talking there were a few people in there he wont disclose stuff to so I didnt ask. He said we will talk about Ebay soon, since he will need to recoupe his lost monies.

*Jack is about early to mid sixties. But I guess the article is correct...he does weight less than 140 - A LOT Less. He has been fighting cancer for years, thats why his speech is impaired, they cut out half of his tongue.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Absolutely terrible. I hope they catch the scum who did this.

Wish him my best and I hope everything works out, for the best, in the end.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
jumbojohnny said:
descott77 said:
thats terrible...and the worst is that it always happens to good people

There are some people that would agrue this...Honestly he is good to me whenver I go in there, but not everybody thinks highly of him. In all I hope that the guy gets caught and get some good jail time for this.

I joke with Jack all the time about getting a loan to buy his store. I would be damned if I was gonna be robbed (unless it was gun point). My advice to Jack was to invest in a Tazer.

A tazer???

One can only assume that if he had a tazer not only would the owner have 10 stitches in his head but he would have been tazed as well. I doubt he would have been able to fire his tazer after being assaulted like he was. I would bet that tazer would have been used on him. He did the right thing and he is alive to tell the story. Sadly something like this may be enough for him to just close the store as he does not need to deal woth this kind of crap. He (you) could literally sell his inventory online and not have the store overhead.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Snyper said:
"He weighs less than 140 lbs"- Doubt that. That man doesn't weigh an ounce over 110 after watching that clip. How old is he?
My math might be a little off, but doesn't 110 pounds weigh less than 140 pounds?

Also, I feel bad for the man, but what's his grandchildren's bonds doing in a store and not in a safety deposit box? And thousands of dollars?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
mchenrycards said:
A tazer???

One can only assume that if he had a tazer not only would the owner have 10 stitches in his head but he would have been tazed as well. I doubt he would have been able to fire his tazer after being assaulted like he was. I would bet that tazer would have been used on him. He did the right thing and he is alive to tell the story. Sadly something like this may be enough for him to just close the store as he does not need to deal woth this kind of crap. He (you) could literally sell his inventory online and not have the store overhead.

Yeah it was a joke with him. Sometimes a little humor can help prevent a complete break down. He still still very upset and shaken by the whole thing.

I hope he doesnt close. I believe he wont, but I dont know what he is really thinking/feeling inside. I have told him in the past that I would help him, and I still will.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
Snyper said:
My math might be a little off, but doesn't 110 pounds weigh less than 140 pounds?

Also, I feel bad for the man, but what's his grandchildren's bonds doing in a store and not in a safety deposit box? And thousands of dollars?[/quote]

I was thinking this also. I know he keeps a safe in the store, maybe he had it in there, which probably was unlocked, and the theif took what was inside. He seemed to be familiar with the store and "the blue bag". Who knows... Either way bonds can be cancelled in event of theft or loss, its just a visit to the bank. They will re-issue new certs for the bonds.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
On another note; those who have speech impediments and have to read off of a notepad really shouldn't be television (or any media other than print) reporters.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I was wondering why they let that guy do the video. He not only sounded like crap (no offense to those with lissssspsss) but he was f-ing up a lot. I know its not a national story, but I thought clear speaking abilities are part of the job description.

Jeff N. said:
On another note; those who have speech impediments and have to read off of a notepad really shouldn't be television (or any media other than print) reporters.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
IndyMann said:
Snyper said:

Also, I feel bad for the man, but what's his grandchildren's bonds doing in a store and not in a safety deposit box? And thousands of dollars?

You're reading too much into it. My point was that the guy isn't even close to weighing 140 lbs. It would be like saying "Derek Jeter weighs under 300 lbs". Well yeah.. no ****. It's misleading.

Latest posts