Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 MLB Team Over/Unders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Any thoughts on where your team stands?

Shep

2010 MLB Wins Over/Unders
Courtesy of Bookmaker, here are the opening numbers:

Arizona- 82
Atlanta- 86.5
Baltimore- 72.5
Boston- 94
Chicago C- 83
Chicago W- 82
Cincinnati- 78
Cleveland- 73
Colorado- 83
Detroit- 81
Florida- 81
Houston- 77
Kansas City- 71
LA Angels- 84
LA Dodgers- 84
Milwaukee- 80.5
Minnesota- 82
NY Mets- 81
NY Yankees- 94.5
Oakland- 78
Philadelphia- 92
Pittsburgh- 71
St. Louis- 88
San Diego- 71
San Francisco- 83
Seattle- 83
Tampa Bay- 89.5
Texas- 83
Toronto- 71
Washington- 72

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Over on SD, I think they can really surprise people this year. Rotation is very solid with vets, and there is some speed and youth in the lineup.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Here is my prediction for EVERY team. It will be interesting to see how these play out hopefully someone finds this and bumps it at the all star break!

Over:

Phillies
Mariners
Marlins
Angels
Nationals
Rays
Dodgers
Cardinals
Tigers
Giants
Braves
Orioles
Yankees
Astros
Brewers
Twins

Under:
Mets
Red Sox
Padres
Pirates
Rangers
Diamondbacks
White Sox
Reds
Indians
Rockies
Royals
Athletics
Blue Jays
Cubs

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not going to go crazy, but how can the Brewers only imporve a 1/2 win from last year when their pitching staff will be faaaar better than it was last year? I see the Brewers winning 84-85 if they make no moves.

I mean, seriously, 1/2 a win? they had THE WORST starting pitching in the majors last year.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
I'll take the under on the Phillies all day. The Mets can't be any worse than last year, and I think the other 3 teams in their league are the same or better than last year.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
What have the Yankees done to cause them to lose 9 games more than they did last year?

A-Rod missed all of April last year and they still won 103 games.

They upgraded their rotation and the lineup is equal to last year taking into account A-Rods injury.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
easy to predict "upswing" and hence why so many probably feel good about betting the "over" for so many teams

cannot predict "Injuries, let downs" and hence why many often don't predict "under'

with that said, I actually do like White Sox with over

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Im loving that the Yanks have the highest over/under :D I will have to say they go 1.5 over and win 96 games. Besides them I will go over on the Mariners. I think they will win 87 games.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Some people are looking at this the wrong way. They aren't "predicting" that two teams will win 90 games this year. They're over/unders, don't read into it anymore than that.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
I like my mariners for over 83 this year. I mean they won 85 last year, and this year they have add Lee and Figgins, and got rid of the fat turd.. so they should improve at least 5 games imo

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
Some people are looking at this the wrong way. They aren't "predicting" that two teams will win 90 games this year. They're over/unders, don't read into it anymore than that.

agreed.

That said, I'd feel comfortable (depending on the odds) at placing an "Over" bet on the Brewers at 80.5.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
chashawk said:
I'd also like to see how they come up with these numbers.

There were seven 90+ win teams last year. This season there will only be two?

These numbers have NOTHING TO DO with what Vegas thinks teams will do.

They are based on getting 50:50 bets on over and under. Because if they get 50:50 on a bet, no way they lose after taking their % of each bet.

Same as with NFL spreads. Its why its crazy when people rag on Vegas spreads when a team wins by 20+ and the spread was 3. Their intention isn't to predict the game, its to get half the bets on both sides

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts