Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here rasie money for charity? Need tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Well after last weeks trip to the childrens hospital to donate close to 10,000 cards the feeling was so nice I have decided to give even more in the new year, I have a charity in mind that I fell in absolute love with several years ago since its very positive in every aspect and has to do with what I love most (music) What are some ways you raise funds for charity? Even if you don't, do you have any good ideas?

I have been tossing around a few ideas and have come up with a pretty good concert/event, several local bands are on board along with a pretty big band ready to go once I settle on a date. But I am interested in what do you guys do? I understand some people don't like to talk about what they give so if you don't want to post here please feel free to pm me any ideas. I figure I will just say this now I am not soliciting anything I am just curious on your ideas.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Try to get a local business to sponsor the event and possibly an advertisement flyer with information about the charity on one side and advertisement from local business on the back.

The community theater I was part of a couple of years ago has an annual "Oskaloosa's got Talent" where local businesses donate prizes and people come in and "vote" with dollars for their favorite act.

That act will then get the prizes.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
Try to get a local business to sponsor the event and possibly an advertisement flyer with information about the charity on one side and advertisement from local business on the back.

The community theater I was part of a couple of years ago has an annual "Oskaloosa's got Talent" where local businesses donate prizes and people come in and "vote" with dollars for their favorite act.

That act will then get the prizes.

Wow thank you, great idea that never crossed my mind. With it being music and me working for a label some sort of sponsorship shouldn't be hard to obtain. Maybe a guitar center or something, thank you again. I looking to do several different things so more ideas are welcome.

Members online

Latest posts