Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It always seemed so selfish to me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
To ask for everyone's prayers. But I'm asking, not just for my family - but for everyone in the islands - we could use your prayers for safe passage.

My wife and I are right at the edge of the evacuation zone, so I don't know. To make this board appropriate: I'll try to save a few cards, but nothing is guaranteed.

God bless us all.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I hope the evacuation goes smoothly and everyone is safe. hopefully the flooding damage isn't too devastating.

if case anyone isn't aware there is a Tsunami warning in effect for Hawaii due to a 8.8 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Chile last night. the entire Pacific region is under a Tsunami warning.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/02/27/chile.quake/index.html?hpt=T1

there was also a 7.9 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Japan on Friday. a Tsunami Warning has been issued For Okinawa

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
pghbuccos said:
I hope the evacuation goes smoothly and everyone is safe. hopefully the flooding damage isn't too devastating.

if case anyone isn't aware there is a Tsunami warning in effect for Hawaii due to a 8.8 magniyude earthquake off the coast of Chile last night. the entire Pacific region is under a Tsunami warning.

there was also a 7.9 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Japan on Friday. a Tsunami Warning has been issued For Okinawa

Do you think it's possible that if both quakes each cause a tsunami that they could somehow run into each other???

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
mstng99tim said:
pghbuccos said:

if case anyone isn't aware there is a Tsunami warning in effect for Hawaii due to a 8.8 magniyude earthquake off the coast of Chile last night. the entire Pacific region is under a Tsunami warning.

Do you think it's possible that if both quakes each cause a tsunami that they could somehow run into each other???

I don't know if that's possible but it sounds pretty scary.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
pghbuccos said:
mstng99tim said:
pghbuccos said:

I don't know if that's possible but it sounds pretty scary.

Yeah, I guess anything is possible, right? I know I wouldn't want to be around if those 2 came together!!!

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
mstng99tim said:
pghbuccos said:

Tsunami's aren't a single wave that go somewhere... It is a ball of energy in the water that usually leaves its central point with the same force in a 360 degree circle... So even though the Japan based wave and the Chile based wave are coming from different directions, there is a chance they could build on each other in certain directions if they hit each other at the right time (very unlikely). The force omitted by each wave when hitting head on would be like a game of tug-o-war almost. where most likely 1 wave would be stronger than the other, which would stop the weaker wave from moving forward and greatly diminish the force of the other wave...basically moving in the direction of the stronger wave with a new net force. But remember the waves are 360 degrees around so there are a couple areas where the waves are moving in the same direction and if they hit at the exact right time the net force of each wave would add to each other causing an unbelievable force. This is highly unlikely and much more likely that one would follow the other if they last that long. God Bless and good luck to anyone in these areas. get in a tall building and stay inside.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Good luck Lance. Please report in when possible and God's speed to you, yours, and all.

Scott, if you're around, the same is true for you sir.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I hope for you, your family and everyone in Hawaii that this becomes nothing more than a precautionary measure and you are able to safely return to your home soon!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I don't think its selfish at all to ask for prayers. I'm not a deeply religious person but I feel that amazing things can happen with the power of prayer and that the more people doling out the prayers, the better off we all are. This is a potentially catastrophic event and I would hope that everyone would take a moment to think about those that could be affected and pray.

Stay safe. I understand the first waves should be on you guys around 11:20AM HT(4:20PM ET). We're all here for ya.

Latest posts