Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009-10 Upper Deck Ice preview with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Upper Deck has posted this preview on their website...

product breakdown info can be found here
http://sports.upperdeck.com/collectorszone/productpreview.aspx?aid=7565

2009-10 Upper Deck Ice releases 4/13/10

Ice Premiers
DucheneIceHockey.jpg

Rinkside Signings falling 1 per case
CrosbyAutoIceHockey.jpg

Frozen Fabrics
DatsyukFrozenFabrics.jpg

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
A unique acetate product. I am glad this one has stuck around. It has appeal and value.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys,

Sorry to bump an old topic. But have any of you purchased any of these Ice rookies? I purchased a Gustavsson, but to me it look like the corner are very rounded. When I look at other auctions, it kind of looks like most of the Ice rookies are the same way. Is this normal?

Thanks!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
i dont have not one ice rookie from this years set yet, so im sorry i can't help. So you are saying the corners are rounded? can you post a scan of yours or link one of these auctions that have the rounded corners? I wouldn't want mind to have rounded corners, that is for sure. Especially if i put out a couple hundy to get /99. Im sure there will be someone here who has busted Ice or have several of the RCs from the set.

Oh and im sorry this happened to you, Adam

take care,

Bilko

stu

Jan 24, 2010
I've bought several ice scripts and there was one that had slightly rounded corners. They looked pinched round versus cut.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the help G$.

Here is the link to my card. Maybe i'm crazy but the corner just don't seem to be corners to me.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z174 ... img098.jpg

I'll post a few others I found on eBay yesterday. It's hard finding large images :). I also have a Backlund /99 on the way so maybe that will help determine if they are all like this.

Thanks!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Adam the corners on the UD Trilogy Ice Scripts are slightly rounded as well...

2009UpperDeckTrilogyIceScripts.jpg

you can't see it too good in my scans but the corners are definitely round. I would think they are they same with all the Ice rookies /99. most of the eBay pics I have seen have rounded edges.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
pghbuccos said:
Adam the corners on the UD Trilogy Ice Scripts are slightly rounded as well...

you can't see it too good in my scans but the corners are definitely round. I would think they are they same with all the Ice rookies /99. most of the eBay pics I have seen have rounded edges.

Ya exactly, glad i'm not crazy! :lol:

Here are a couple more:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2009-10-UD-ICE-PREMI ... 2ead93a69d

http://cgi.ebay.ca/09-10-UD-ICE-PREMIER ... 2eadb0c373

I like grading cards myself, would this kick the corners grade really low? According to the population report for this year's ice, quite a few have come back as 9.5's. Unfortunately I can't find any on eBay right now to compare corners.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the corners are rounded on purpose to look like a piece of ice so the grade would have to be a 10 on the corners I would imagine.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
pghbuccos said:
the corners are rounded on purpose to look like a piece of ice so the grade would have to be a 10 on the corners I would imagine.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for your help. So my Gustavsson might have a 10 for corners even though it looks slightly rounded? Just wasn't sure if that is what you meant.

Thanks again!

Members online

Latest posts