Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heyward Find and many of them: Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I came back from my daughter's dance competition, awards tonight at 9:15pm wife got that duty. I decided to relax by looking through some misc. boxes. Did not expect to find this. I also found some Kevin Durant rc's about 14 in my search; a Pierre Garcon Contenders RC Auto; and these along with 1 additional Chrome; 3 Bowman and 1 Bowman Gold. I also founf the Jordan Kent Longevity patch logo auto 1/1. The question is not if to sell the Heyward's but in lots or as a single lot. A few of them are very likely to GEM. Thoughts?

picture.php

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
I came back from my daughter's dance competition, awards tonight at 9:15pm wife got that duty. I decided to relax by looking through some misc. boxes. Did not expect to find this. I also found some Kevin Durant rc's about 14 in my search; a Pierre Garcon Contenders RC Auto; and these along with 1 additional Chrome; 3 Bowman and 1 Bowman Gold. I also founf the Jordan Kent Longevity patch logo auto 1/1. The question is not if to sell the Heyward's but in lots or as a single lot. A few of them are very likely to GEM. Thoughts?

picture.php

Maybe get a couple of the better one's graded and sell one per week up until opening day.

PM sent.

Congrats on the finds :D

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
You could grade the gems but only if you're sure; 9's aren't worth the time or money. I'm assuming this is the first time they've seen daylight since 07 so check for centering issues/surface scratches.

Personally, I'd sell all raw at once ASAP and let someone else run the risk of trying to strike while the iron is cooling.

Edited to add: Even covered in snow, the yard looks awesome. FCB BBQ at Rev's.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Four of them look very likely to GEM. Probably will simply sell all seven and use the proceeds to pick up some of my wants.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Four of them look very likely to GEM. Probably will simply sell all seven and use the proceeds to pick up some of my wants.

If you do list them all in a lot, note that they haven't been cherry picked and you might get a few more bidders. Good luck!

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
rico08 said:

If you do list them all in a lot, note that they haven't been cherry picked and you might get a few more bidders. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up on that. These have never been out of the box and have never taken a trip to BGS. I guess I need to go look in the 07 Chrome box to see if I have anymore in there.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
The cards just keep coming. Topps basketball from this year. The rookies were not as easy to pull as normally and I found these gems.:
1 Stephen Curry Topps RC
1 Stephen Curry Topps Gold RC /2009
2 Tyreke Evans Topps RC
1 Tyreke Evans Topps Gold RC /2009
1 Tyreke Evans Chrome RC /999

Also 3 BRandon Jennings Topps RC's
1 Earl Clark Gold RC
1 Gerald HEnderson Gold RC
Yao Ming Black /50

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Curious about something. There have been not a single ST game playeed and he has had a huge spike in price for his auto's. The Chromes seem to be moving up and are going in the 10-12 range per. What do you guys think is the base 07 chrome ceiling? What was the most a base chrome in past year went for. When Chris Davis was on fire/Bruce on fire didn't they get to the $20 per range?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Curious about something. There have been not a single ST game playeed and he has had a huge spike in price for his auto's. The Chromes seem to be moving up and are going in the 10-12 range per. What do you guys think is the base 07 chrome ceiling? What was the most a base chrome in past year went for. When Chris Davis was on fire/Bruce on fire didn't they get to the $20 per range?

IIRC, whenever Buchholz pitched his no hitter, his chrome hit $30.

Davis' cards were really on fire there for a while, and his cards are still pretty high. About $20 for a base refractor.

Members online

Latest posts