Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spring Training Pics - Rockies - 2/27/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Howdy ladies and gents!

As some of you may know, the work that I do requires, basically constant travel. Because of the work I do, I usually find myself in warmer climates during the cooler seasons. As luck would have it, I've been in places where they have Spring Training the last two Februaries and Marches. I've been in Tucson, AZ for about two months now and today I decided to go check out the Rockies facility. In my limited experience, I've found the practices which take place for a couple weeks before they actually start playing Spring Training games, to be an overall better experience and today only further reinforced my thinking.

Most of these pics are of Jason Giambi to send to my girlfriend. The Giambino is one, if not her all time favorite player... (ok, I like him a bunch too.) And Todd Helton who I've always had immense respect for and had some statistically incredible seasons.

By no means, do I consider myself a "good" photographer, nor do I have any decent equipment. Just a 7.1 megapixel Kodak digital camera. While I do enjoy taking pics, these are mainly just to have as a way to look back. That being said, I thought I would share with my favorite online hobby discussion community.

Enjoy!!

HeltonKneeling.jpg
Helton selecting his bat before taking BP.

100_1145.jpg
Giambi with the scoop!

100_1132.jpg
Giambi and Helton yucking it up. They seem to be pretty tight.

100_1153.jpg
Helton in the practice field dugout.

100_1117.jpg
Playing catch.

100_1129.jpg
Giambi with the flip during some infield practice.

100_1124.jpg
This is just a good example of how the players have to walk amongst the fans to get from field to field. Pretty cool!

100_1161.jpg
Troy Tulowitzki awaits his turn in the cage.

100_1139.jpg
Giambi watches as Helton awaits a grounder.

100_1162.jpg
And finally, myself and Jason Giambi.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome pictures! The Yankees minor league camp is set up much like that and the players have to walk amongst the fans to get to the next field. I just wish the big league Yankees were that accessible

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed them!

Canocollector#1 said:
Awesome pics man!! Congrats on meeting Giambi.

Thanks man! He was a really cool guy actually! Very down to earth and seemed genuinely appreciative of his fan.

Members online

Latest posts