Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking to build a set. Any recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
What about 07 or 08 UD Masterpieces Baseball. It's a pretty big checklist but on card autos and they are very nice.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
blitzerlover said:
nyc3 said:
Whats not expensive?

Well, I'm looking for a set without to many SPs that will cost a ton.

Well if looking for older players as you can see by my signature I am almost complete at $600-$700 with $200 or so to go. But I am biased :D

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
1998 Donruss Significant Signatures gets my vote. Not too many cards in the set. Great looking cards. Loaded with great hall of famers and really not that expensive.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Tom Oates said:
1998 Donruss Significant Signatures gets my vote. Not too many cards in the set. Great looking cards. Loaded with great hall of famers and really not that expensive.

Damn, those are nice. Problem is there are very few on ebay.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
blitzerlover said:
Tom Oates said:

Damn, those are nice. Problem is there are very few on ebay.

The print runs are fairly generous at 2000 each and they show up all the time. Sometimes you will see a seller list four or five of the cards at once. It shouldn't take more than three or four months to pick them all up. The Koufax comes in two versions LA and Brookyln. You don't really "need" both versions. Check completed auctions to see how many have been listed/sold recently.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Go for the 2004 Ultimate Patch / Auto set. There might even be some up on ebay right now with many more to come soon. ;)

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
I was going to say....go for the 98 thunder super rave set....if I werent collecting miggy thats what i'd be doing, such a great set, but not autoed.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Go for the 2002 and/or 2003 Finest Moments set. Beautiful on-card autos of retired stars, and none are very expensive. There are other years that have Finest Moments sets, but they don't even come close to the designs from 02 and 03. The 01 and 04 sets aren't too bad, either, but after that I think they started using stickers.

You could also search Ebay for autos from earlier years (more likely to be on-card) and find a short-printed set to collect. It took me a few years to collect the 2001 Fleer Genuine Names of the Game auto set, but they're beautiful cards and none are too expensive.

2001 Fleer Genuine Names of the Game

Members online

Latest posts