Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just call me Mr. 2nd place :-(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I'm getting pummeled on my snipes lately. This weekend alone, all three big ticket items I have bid on...

2009 Griffey Ultimate patch auto - 2nd place
2000 Greats of the game auto Robin Yount SP - 2nd place
2000 Greats of the game auto George Brett SP - 3rd place

Maybe I should go chase some 1990 Donruss singles? ::facepalm::

Tom

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
dont fret, 2nd place could cost $100's to become first.

They will likely come around again.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
I thought I was the only one. I have also been sniped in the last seconds on 4 Ultimate patches within the last 4-5 days. Dude, go search newly listed and look at the Seaver someone just put on.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Same here. I've lost three items this weekend that I really wanted to win and put in pretty generous bids for. On top of that I lost some other stuff too. Maybe the economy is improving?

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
AKT74 said:
I thought I was the only one. I have also been sniped in the last seconds on 4 Ultimate patches within the last 4-5 days. Dude, go search newly listed and look at the Seaver someone just put on.

That Seaver has to be a fake. Most of the great patches like that are upside down and that one is too perfect for my liking. If it came out in the first week of release then I'd say legit but now I'd stay away.

And if it makes you feel any better I've been Mr. 2nd Place on about 4 big items this weekend as well and I put in huge snipes of my own. At least we all saved some money!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Codasco07 said:
Same here. I've lost three items this weekend that I really wanted to win and put in pretty generous bids for. On top of that I lost some other stuff too. Maybe the economy is improving?

I'll say it's tax refund season :geek:

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Bigfan5 said:
AKT74 said:

That Seaver has to be a fake. Most of the great patches like that are upside down and that one is too perfect for my liking. If it came out in the first week of release then I'd say legit but now I'd stay away.

And if it makes you feel any better I've been Mr. 2nd Place on about 4 big items this weekend as well and I put in huge snipes of my own. At least we all saved some money!

I wasn't sure if the Seaver was real, then I looked at his ended auctions. WHAT A JOKE he has sold 3 of the biggest fakes I have seen on Ebay from this product. I will be staying a mile away from that Seaver.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Not only is the Seaver sold by the same guy who has sold several fakes, all his patches in the set are from White Sox or Reds uniforms. The White Sox patches for Seaver probably aren't that appealing to most collectors, but I wish the real patch was still in there, as I would have bought it.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
mrwhitesox30 said:
Not only is the Seaver sold by the same guy who has sold several fakes, all his patches in the set are from White Sox or Reds uniforms. The White Sox patches for Seaver probably aren't that appealing to most collectors, but I wish the real patch was still in there, as I would have bought it.

Here is the second Seaver on Ebay that looks like it could be a real Mets piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Ultimate-Tom-S ... 5ad766e94f

Not saying for sure, but the other Seaver that is a finished auction looks just like this one. I would think if you where going to fake you would use a better piece??

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
i owned this once:

What's it go for now?

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
chashawk said:
That one def. could be from an '83 Mets uni.

nl_1983_newyork.gif

I think baseball should start a new rule. If a team finishes under .500 the fans get to vote what vintage uni the team must wear the following year. It could really motivate the players to get over .500 so that they won't have to be seen in some of these 80's horror shows.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
chashawk said:
What? You wouldn't want to see these again?

nl_1985_houston.gif

Just my point, you now the players sure as HELL don't want to be wearing those for a whole year!!!! :twisted:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Tom Oates said:
I'm getting pummeled on my snipes lately. This weekend alone, all three big ticket items I have bid on...

2009 Griffey Ultimate patch auto - 2nd place
2000 Greats of the game auto George Brett SP - 3rd place

Maybe I should go chase some 1990 Donruss singles? ::facepalm::

Tom

Careful there Tom, there are REV NEG error cards in that. Juan Gone etc...

...could be tough :?: :?: :?: :?:

;)

Members online

Latest posts