Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball Tonight's mega crazy bold predictions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Granted, its a segment called "Bold Predictions" but seriously.

Heres four of them:

Kruk said Cabrera will hit .400
Kirkchin said Wade Davis, yes, Wade Davis, will win Cy Young.
Ravisch said Halladay will win 30 games
Valentine said the Mets will hit 200 HRs

Dont us prospectors hope the Davis prediction comes true?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
011873 said:

Heres four of them:

SELL

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Wish I had held onto my Davis stuff now! Leave it up to Tim Kurkijan to make a ridiculous statement like that (I guess they all are pretty ridiculous). I'm a huge Rays and Wade Davis fan and there is no way he does that this year.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Noe of those are even possible! If any, I would go with Halladay winning 30! The rookie winning Cy Young is the most impossible!

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
011873 said:

Heres four of them:

In order of likely to happen:

1) Mets hit 200 HRs - They did it in 2006. Granted they only hit 95 last year but if Bay, Wright and Beltran have big years there would be a small chance.
2) Wade Davis wins Cy Young - He could get very lucky and win a bunch of games and have a Randy Wells type season.
3) Halladay wins 30 games - He only made 32 starts last year and the most starts he has made in his career is 36. But he could go 30-2 with 4 no decisions.
4) Cabrera hits .400 - Unless he only plays 1 month this isn't going to happen. His career high avg is .339 which is only 61 points off.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
cubfan131 said:
011873 said:

Heres four of them:

1) Mets hit 200 HRs - They did it in 2006. Granted they only hit 95 last year but if Bay, Wright and Beltran have
2) Wade Davis wins Cy Young - He could get very lucky and win a bunch of gamebig years there would be a small chance.s and have a Randy Wells type season.
3) Halladay wins 30 games - He only made 32 starts last year and the most starts he has made in his career is 36. But he could go 30-2 with 4 no decisions.
4) Cabrera hits .400 - Unless he only plays 1 month this isn't going to happen. His career high avg is .339 which is only 61 points off.

Even if he does get "very lucky and have a Randy Wells type season" he has no shot! How many Cy Young votes did Randy Wells get? To many other good pitchers in the AL. Talk about to much hype on a prospect! Geez. This kid is destined to fail.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
cubfan131 said:

1) Mets hit 200 HRs - They did it in 2006. Granted they only hit 95 last year but if Bay, Wright and Beltran have big years there would be a small chance.
2) Wade Davis wins Cy Young - He could get very lucky and win a bunch of games and have a Randy Wells type season.

With Mets bigger park, bay will hit less HR than expected...i put this at #3..this is my order of likelihood

1) Halladay wins 30 games - i see 25
2) Cabrera hits .400 - not happening but more likely than 2 below it
3) Mets hit 200 HRs - big ball park
4) Wade Davis wins Cy Young - AINT HAPPENING, not even close

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
hofautos said:
cubfan131 said:

With Mets bigger park, bay will hit less HR than expected...i put this at #3..this is my order of likelihood

Flip 2 and 3 and I agree with this.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
hofautos said:
cubfan131 said:

You could temper these numbers and still be "bold"

Halladay - 27 wins
Cabrera - .375
Mets - 160 HRs
Davis - finishes the season above .500

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
bodiaz said:
cubfan131 said:
011873 said:

Heres four of them:

1) Mets hit 200 HRs - They did it in 2006. Granted they only hit 95 last year but if Bay, Wright and Beltran have
2) Wade Davis wins Cy Young - He could get very lucky and win a bunch of gamebig years there would be a small chance.s and have a Randy Wells type season.

Even if he does get "very lucky and have a Randy Wells type season" he has no shot! How many Cy Young votes did Randy Wells get? To many other good pitchers in the AL. Talk about to much hype on a prospect! Geez. This kid is destined to fail.

I look at it more as it is more likely that Hideo Nomo returns to the majors and wins a Cy Young then it is that Halladay wins 30 or Cabrera hits .400. No ML pitcher has won 30 since 1968 and its been almost 70 years since someone hit .400. Flat out there is no chance of it happening. I'll take the odds on Obama leaving the white house and winning a cy young before I take a 30 game winner or a .400 hitter.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
bodiaz said:
Noe of those are even possible! If any, I would go with Halladay winning 30! The rookie winning Cy Young is the most impossible!

Fernando Valenzuela won the Cy Young in his rookie year.

Members online

Latest posts