Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spring training arizona question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
so im headed to AZ march 12-14 here are the list of games im seeing.
12th- Rockies Giants
13th- Dodgers Dbacks
14th- Angels Cubs.
Is there a place to find some of the minor league guys that arent in the big league camp? like lower prospects that maybe didnt make big league camp? like maybe trevor reckling or jarrod parker or gordon from the dodgers?
any help would be appreciated. thanks

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
I have been to Florida the past five years to watch the Yankees. There minor league camp is located just down the street from the stadium. Most teams in Florida have about 5-6 fields surrounding the main park and that is usually where the minor league guys practice. I am not sure about Arizona, but i would believe it to be similar. Also, you may want to ask security guards when you are down there. Most of the security guards that work at Steinbrenner Field work at the minor league camp during the day. They may know where to go if the minor league guys do not practice at the same area.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
yankees23657 said:
I have been to Florida the past five years to watch the Yankees. There minor league camp is located just down the street from the stadium. Most teams in Florida have about 5-6 fields surrounding the main park and that is usually where the minor league guys practice. I am not sure about Arizona, but i would believe it to be similar. Also, you may want to ask security guards when you are down there. Most of the security guards that work at Steinbrenner Field work at the minor league camp during the day. They may know where to go if the minor league guys do not practice at the same area.
Alright sweet. thanks for the help. post thanked.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
the angels minor leaguers share a complex with the big league squad. tempe diablo stadium has 4 1/2 (the 1/2 being an infield used for PFP) fields below the stadium where the players practice...the minor leaguers practice on the 2 on the far end of the complex. also, reckling is in big league camp.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
how is reckling? any chance i will get to get an auto or talk to him?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
your best bet for sigs is to show up at about 10:30am for a 1pm game and set up along the guard rails in the parking lot which separates the stadium from the practice fields. i have never met reckling but most of the minor leaguers will sign so long as you recognize them and are polite.

TrueGrich

Mar 1, 2010
I saw Reckling over the weekend and we got him to sign a ball. He was very cool about it. He's in the major league camp right now, as mentioned above. Check out my blog to see the two question interview I did with him. http://truegrich.blogspot.com

Hank Conger is also very good about signing. Have a great time.

Members online