Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miggy no longer a drunk!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
bikerider60 said:
Whats wrong with a Beer and a Shot ???
When you are in public eye, it matters. And, it wasn't a beer and a shot, it was many beers and shots. If I remember correctly, he was very drunk.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Phish said:
miguelcabrera said:
who cares what he does off the field

him and pujols are the best hitters of the decade

Wouldn't go that far.

He is going to be a HOFer, he is going to hit 500 HR's, career 300 plus BA. He is simply the man.
ALso as far as hitters of the decade, pujols is clear cut number one. Who else would you put there besides Miggy at number 2? Ok, as a yankee hater I'm ignoring arod, so put him in there, miggy pujols arod top 3 hitters of decade

Phish

May 19, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
Phish said:
miguelcabrera said:

Wouldn't go that far.

He is going to be a HOFer, he is going to hit 500 HR's, career 300 plus BA. He is simply the man.
ALso as far as hitters of the decade, pujols is clear cut number one. Who else would you put there besides Miggy at number 2? Ok, as a yankee hater I'm ignoring arod, so put him in there, miggy pujols arod top 3 hitters of decade

Since this decade hasn't started, I will take it you meant he is the best player (minus Pujos) from 2000-2009? I would take Ichiro (nuff said), Vlad (Best fielder, higher OPS+, and less K's), Helton (higher BA, OPS+, and less K's in four more seasons!), and maybe even Jim Edmonds, Chipper, and Thome. Check stats sometimes bud, they help.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Phish said:
miguelcabrera said:
Phish said:
miguelcabrera said:

Wouldn't go that far.

Since this decade hasn't started, I will take it you meant he is the best player (minus Pujos) from 2000-2009? I would take Ichiro (nuff said), Vlad (Best fielder, higher OPS+, and less K's), Helton (higher BA, OPS+, and less K's in four more seasons!), and maybe even Jim Edmonds, Chipper, and Thome. Check stats sometimes bud, they help.

Cabrerea's got a WS ring too so that adds to his already amazing career, when its all said done Cabrera will be a player people will remember for years to come unlike the names you mentioned besides Ichiro

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Mudcatsfan said:
chompsmcgee said:
ESPN reports Miguel Cabrera is no longer drinking.

Although it is presumed he's still a wife-beater, lazy, and a bad teammate ;)

I don't recall anyone ever saying he touched his wife.

I thought it was the other way around.

he came home late one night drunk and she clawed the hell out of his face.

Merely poking a little fun at some of the comments about Miggy on the boards the past week.

They need a font for sarcasm...

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
chompsmcgee said:
Mudcatsfan said:
chompsmcgee said:
ESPN reports Miguel Cabrera is no longer drinking.

Although it is presumed he's still a wife-beater, lazy, and a bad teammate ;)

I don't recall anyone ever saying he touched his wife.

I thought it was the other way around.

he came home late one night drunk and she clawed the hell out of his face.

Merely poking a little fun at some of the comments about Miggy on the boards the past week.

They need a font for sarcasm...

~I actually patented this a few years back~

the under-used tilde works great as a sarcasm punctuation mark.

chisox1917

Oct 21, 2009
Miguel is an unreal player. Last year despite all of his troubles outside of baseball, and even disgruntled teammates speaking up about him..I believe he still did .330/35/100 or so, can't complain about his off-the-field life if it isn't affecting his play.