Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What TV packages do you get during baseball season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chisox1917

Oct 21, 2009
I shell out $179 for the TV package, get every game. It helps because up here all I get is the Yanks, Phils, Pirates games - which are cool, but c'mon, no White Sox = no fun. Plus the ability to watch live pro baseball for 10 hours a day is awesome.

Then occasionally I buy a month of MILB.TV for $7.99, I think I've purchased 3 months in the past, just to fill up my time if I get bored with MLB. Never bought a full season though.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
i get mlb.tv because i have a connection from my pc to my 48 inch plasma tv. so i get 4 games going on mlb.tv and usually just kick back with a beer and watch me some baseball.

chisox1917

Oct 21, 2009
MAC16 said:
i get mlb.tv because i have a connection from my pc to my 48 inch plasma tv. so i get 4 games going on mlb.tv and usually just kick back with a beer and watch me some baseball.
This year I was considering getting mlb.tv but it's just on my laptop. On one hand, it's more convenient when I'm doing work or in my bedroom for whatever reason, but late at night, I don't want to watch baseball on my computer - I wanna watch it on my 46''. Decisions, decisions.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I just watch the Twins on FSN North, and whatever nationally televised games are going on. Otherwise I gameday it at mlb.com for all my other games during fantasy season

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
chisox1917 said:
I shell out $179 for the TV package, get every game. It helps because up here all I get is the Yanks, Phils, Pirates games - which are cool, but c'mon, no White Sox = no fun. Plus the ability to watch live pro baseball for 10 hours a day is awesome.

Then occasionally I buy a month of MILB.TV for $7.99, I think I've purchased 3 months in the past, just to fill up my time if I get bored with MLB. Never bought a full season though.

I'd like to watch some White Sox games this year, but I live in Columbus, Ohio. Any ideas/suggestions? We get the Reds and Indians games, and WGN, so some Cubs and White Sox games. But I don't know if all the White Sox games are televised for us.

chisox1917

Oct 21, 2009
VizquelCollector said:
chisox1917 said:

I'd like to watch some White Sox games this year, but I live in Columbus, Ohio. Any ideas/suggestions? We get the Reds and Indians games, and WGN, so some Cubs and White Sox games. But I don't know if all the White Sox games are televised for us.
I live in PA and if I didn't get the package, I would probably get 25-30 White Sox games, you figure:
10 from WGN
6 on YES vs. the Yanks
6 on ESPN/ESPN2
3-9 vs. the Pirates/Phillies/MLB Network

Give or take a few numbers. They play the Indians plenty this year, I'd say at least 20 games, in addition to a few on ESPN/WGN/ESPN2/MLBN.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Superfractor said:
Ah, that's too bad. It looks like they discontinued the online 14.95 service?

Why do you think MLB.com isn't offering their Gameday Audio this year? You can listen to spring training games this year, so I don't know why they'd cancel the regular season.

FWIW, I *love* the MLB radio package. I'm at the office late on a regular basis, and I love having a game on in the background. I'd rather be at the game, but it's not bad when I'm chained to my desk...

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I like the MLB Package that I get free for the first week or so.... Its nice to go from 1 game to the next to the next.... but since I work nights I cant watch much during the week so it wouldnt be good to buy the full year.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Looking at MLB.com http://tinyurl.com/yajomgy it also looks like you can save $20 if you sign up for one of those free trial Sports Illustrated subscriptions. Just don't forget to cancel it before they slam your credit card with the full subscription cost. Not a bad deal. that knocks down the MLB.tv premium to $99 and the regular to $79. I might give it a shot this year if I can get it hooked up to my TV.

Members online