Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Crosby on the cover of SI again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Sidney Crosby will grace the cover of Sports Illustrated again on this week's issue which comes out tomorrow. I am not sure if it's Canada only like the Olympic Preview issue but I hope it's for the US as well. the fact that there is a NFL Combine article mentioned leads me to believe it's US and Canada.

70956187.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I having a feeling Crosby is gonna be on the cover of a few magazines the coming weeks. Ill probably grab a copy when they go on sale.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I grabbed the new The Hockey news last night as well. Of course it has Sidney on the cover. I also noticed that Crosby is on the cover of the brand new Macleans (Canadian news magazine, similar to Time) as well. The Macleans at the 7/11 i was at yesterday were all creased, so im gonna check a couple other stores for a near mint copy. If any US based Crosby collectors (Dave, im speaking to you :lol: ) want a Macleans magazine (do they sell Macleans in the US? Ever heard of it?)LMK.

n3w6fo.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thanks for the head's up on the THN Bilko I will have to stop tomorrow after work and grab a copy. I have never heard of Macleans and of course if you happen to find an extra copy that's in good shape I would definitely appreciate a copy.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
thanks for the head's up on the THN Bilko I will have to stop tomorrow after work and grab a copy. I have never heard of Macleans and of course if you happen to find an extra copy that's in good shape I would definitely appreciate a copy.

Yeah, its a weekly Canadian news magazine, similar to Time and i noticed Crosby was on the cover, but how the guy put them into the magazine rack yesterday, he creased all the covers. I gave him crap (not really bad ;) ), told him that many collectors would be buying these and these ones are wrecked now, lol. Hopefully ill be able to grab us a couple the next time i go to a store.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I am going to have to grab a copy of that. not only because Sid is on the cover but for the Todd McFarlane interview.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
I am going to have to grab a copy of that. not only because Sid is on the cover but for the Todd McFarlane interview.

Just don't look at the Beckett Cold list, it will p1ss u off!!! :x :x

I am seriously gonna write them a letter or email and ask them what the hell is up, this has been going on ALL year!!! :x :x :x :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
G $MONEY$ said:
pghbuccos said:

I am seriously gonna write them a letter or email and ask them what the hell is up, this has been going on ALL year!!! :x :x :x :lol:

Fleury again?

I don't even know when the last time I looked at a Beckett was.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
G $MONEY$ said:
pghbuccos said:

Fleury again?

I don't even know when the last time I looked at a Beckett was.

Yeah its Fleury still!!!!

I think he has been on the Cold list since last September, like 5 or straight issues (BH is bi-monthly now)/

Heres this issues cold list

1.Blake Wheeler
2. MAF
3. Marty Turco
4. Carey Price
5. Steve Mason

I understand these other guys. Blake Wheeler is having a bit of a sophomore slump, hes not living up to what people thought he'd do this year and in turn his card prices have really suffered this year. Carey Price and Steve Mason both came into the hobby and league on fire and have since kind of fizzled out. Carey Price was labeled the next Roy, which he is not (yet anyways). Mason and Price both also had really high priced RCs and they have since dropped considerably since last year. I understand these guys being "Cold". Marty Turco is nearing the end of his career and may be on his way out in Dallas. He will go down in history as just being an above average goalie.

Now to Fleury. Gone to the last two Stanley Cup finals. Won a Stanley Cup, had a 40 win season a couple years back, made the Canadian Mens Olympic team (even if he didn't play, that was huge), just won Olympic Gold medal. Having another GREAT season with 37 wins. Plays on one of the most popular and collected NHL teams in Years. Fleury has a ton of collectors these days, especially all the new ones that have popped up in the last year. You only have to go to a couple sports card sites and see all the MAF collectors there are. Fleurys rare, high end stuff always has lots of views, bids and goes for decent cash. Not to mention that hobby wise, Fleury shares cards with a ton of hobby legends like Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin etc. These multi players cards also get a ton of bids and go for good money.

So Exactly how is MAF "Cold" in the hobby????

Members online

Latest posts