Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do i buy a case of 08 draft now or hope for live.com to ret?

Order tomorrow or wait another week?

• Place my order late tomorrow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Well just got the last $200 back from microsoft and i have just about enough to buy my 2nd 08 draft case and will have enough after tomorrow. Should i order it right now or wait a week and see if live.com returns at all?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
not sure how much the case is going for now (around 625-650 i am assuming)

if we all get lucky and live brings back the 25-30% discount, buying the case for less than 500 would be a good deal/risk but at the moment, just the fact that all the cards like stanton, posey, beckham, montero and flores are selling so cheap now that if you dont hit a gold ref auto of those 5 or better, you are gonna get killed. plus, any other aflac pull besides heyward and porcello would hurt too. in the beginning, these, along with freddie and bumgarner were selling so well but of course, came straight down $ wise.

with that said, i did a little experiment and gave myself 650 for 12 autos and 1 aflac of bcdp on ebay and here's my haul so far

1x beckham gold ref auto $200
2x flores blue ref auto $128 combined
2x flores xfractor auto $79 combined
1x montero blue ref auto $87
1x montero ref auto $34
1x beckham xfractor auto $46
1x porcello aflac auto $76

on the dot 650 total spent for these 9 autos.

singles all the way!

dave

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
daveyou said:

if we all get lucky and live brings back the 25-30% discount, buying the case for less than 500 would be a good deal/risk but at the moment, just the fact that all the cards like stanton, posey, beckham, montero and flores are selling so cheap now that if you dont hit a gold ref auto of those 5 or better, you are gonna get killed. plus, any other aflac pull besides heyward and porcello would hurt too. in the beginning, these, along with freddie and bumgarner were selling so well but of course, came straight down $ wise.

with that said, i did a little experiment and gave myself 650 for 12 autos and 1 aflac of bcdp on ebay and here's my haul so far

1x montero ref auto $34

singles all the way!

dave

ehhh on the redemptions. i really believe that Flores isnt going to sign

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
ThoseBackPages said:
daveyou said:

1x montero ref auto $34

singles all the way!

dave

i will hurt you if that is the case :lol:

dave

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
daveyou said:
ThoseBackPages said:
daveyou said:

1x montero ref auto $34

singles all the way!

dave

i will hurt you if that is the case :lol:

dave

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheDailyProspect

Aug 19, 2008
Don't expect the live.com promotion to show up anytime soon. According to the wall street journal the promotion ended on December 17

Mark

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
daveyou said:

1x montero ref auto $34

singles all the way!

dave

I am afraid that this is going to happen too. If it wasn't for that, I'd have hoarded up on these. As it stands though, I haven't even bought one yet due to my concerns over him signing.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I have a Flores and Inoa base auto pending through topps. Only have them cause i pulled them in my case. I have moved pretty much everything else from my case and will be right around even after getting the case for around $500. Im pretty sure I am getting $100 in ebay/paypal gift certificates tomorrow so that would make the case around $550 -20 for bigcrumbs. I figure at 530 its a pretty good deal.

G

I did not get my money back from the 2 live purchases I made!
It said you had to have more the 5.00 coming I had 22.12 I did not buy anything big with my discount
Logged in yesterday and there was 0.00 in there. And nothing was in my paypal either!

So I could care less if this is reinstated I will not use it ever again.

Members online

Latest posts