Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why no love for Austin Romine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
I realize that he's in Montero's shadow and is farther away from the bigs, but even BA predicts him as the starting catcher in/by 2012. Better defensively? Only 21 years old at present too.

Sales sure seem pretty cheap for graded blues and such, auto's no less. Anyone see prices jumping in 6-12 months or is he just over-hyped as a Yankee prospect?

Or some other reason that his cards are relatively cheap?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jaypers said:
Defense: Romine > Montero
Everything Else: Montero > Romine

Really!?!

You mean the #4 prospect in baseball is better than the #86 prospect in baseball!!

Who'da thunk it! ;)

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Lally1 said:
I dont know, but I am pretty high on this kid. Too bad he has Montero in front of him :?

Theres always room for two (or three) catchers per team at the MLB level!

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
A blue auto ended 2 weeks ago for $20 (incl P&H) which sure seems dirt cheap to take a gamble on, even with Montero in his way.

Jul 30, 2009
But Montero is not in his way.

And lastly, SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH on the Romine buzz bud. :p

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I agree that he is a good buy right now - he's someone I've been picking up. Take that with a grain of salt though as I was also someone who loaded up on Jeremy Jeffress and we all know how that's turned out so far :lol:

Members online