Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the best sleeper prospect from 09 Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I have started collecting 2 guys from the 09 chrome draft set both ranked in the B range. Who would you say the best guy is to collect or start a prospect pc of

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
pujolsjunkie said:
I think Matzek is still underpriced, and he's super talented.

Matzek should never be found in the same sentence as the word sleeper, if you meant it in that fashion.

I pick Michael Belfiore.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jurgy25 said:
Jaypers said:
pujolsjunkie said:

Matzek should never be found in the same sentence as the word sleeper, if you meant it in that fashion.

I pick Michael Belfiore.

+1, How's that super treatin ya?

I still have it.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
notjomommasclint said:
d.j. lemahieu has seen a spike in value lately but i think he is still cheap for what he could do.

I like him but I am waiting for his 2010 bowman chrome autos

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Jaypers said:
pujolsjunkie said:

I pick Michael Belfiore.

He starts asking for a sleeper, then asked who the best guy is to collect, so I gave my choice.

Wes

OG
Administrator
pujolsjunkie said:
Jaypers said:
pujolsjunkie said:

I pick Michael Belfiore.

He starts asking for a sleeper, then asked who the best guy is to collect, so I gave my choice.

I'm with you - under $20 for a chrome auto is a sleeper in my book - especially for a prospect of his caliber.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
cgilmo said:
A guy I bought a gold status of today

lol that helps

for everyone I have a couple matzeks and tates(not in chrome obviously)

the 2 guys I am thinking about are mier and ******* as they are very cheap but I am new so it could be a bad experience

bmc398

May 25, 2009
ballerskrip said:
bmc398 said:
Brooks Pounders

+1

I also like Belfiore and David Hale of the Braves

skrip
I think he'd sell well...but he's a pirate. Unless your name was Andrew McCutchen its hard to get any hobby love from there. Trades happen tho...and he's cheap enough that if he spends only a day in the bigs you can make some money.

I haven't gotten the chance to meed David Hale but he's signed at a couple of the shows here and all the Atlanta guys on the board say he is nothing but a great guy. I've got a Purple Ref. I think im going to get him to sign next time he pops up at a show.

The resale on Draft this year is insanely bad vs. the quality of the guys in there. I mean, in 04,05,06 if it was a chrome, and he was a first rounder the guy sold for nuts $$$$. There are a solid 10+ guys out of the base set you can buy at eBay prices now and flip a year form now for a profit, even if the guy still isn't show ready.

Members online

Latest posts