Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WOW!!! This Griffey is INSANE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I thought that seller was a notorious patch faker. It's a shame, it could have been a nice card...

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
brouthercard said:
I thought that seller was a notorious patch faker. It's a shame, it could have been a nice card...
Yep, the seller is a patch faker and more than likely he replaced whatever patches were in this card with these nicer ones.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Look at his patches that have ended, and his current Seaver. He has the best "luck" ever.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Damn man, that's a shame. I was watching that one too before it ended and was thinking of making an offer. How does anyone really know anymore what's real and fake other than the seller selling the card or hand pulling the card themselves? ::facepalm::

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Snyper said:
Damn man, that's a shame. I was watching that one too before it ended and was thinking of making an offer. How does anyone really know anymore what's real and fake other than the seller selling the card or hand pulling the card themselves? ::facepalm::

Sadly that's probably what our hobby has been reduced to. No certainty once so ever if it's not hand pulled by you or a filmed case/group break on the internet. I wonder how long until eBay allows you to embed videos in your auction to show said card being pulled from a pack.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
kdailey4315 said:
Snyper said:

Sadly that's probably what our hobby has been reduced to. No certainty once so ever if it's not hand pulled by you or a filmed case/group break on the internet. I wonder how long until eBay allows you to embed videos in your auction to show said card being pulled from a pack.

A card like that is nearly impossible to determine if its fake.. As far as im concerned you go about your knowing its legit and thats all you can do hahaha

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
matty07 said:
A card like that is nearly impossible to determine if its fake.. As far as im concerned you go about your knowing its legit and thats all you can do hahaha

hahaha, yeah maybe if it wasn't being sold by a confirmed patchfaker!!! Its also odd that all the Griffeys ive seen have patches like this....

5k35oy.jpg

then all of a sudden a known patch faker has this up for sale?

vsg8ro.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Im not buying it.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
69MetsFan said:
AKT74 said:
Look at his patches that have ended, and his current Seaver. He has the best "luck" ever.

This card shows Seaver in a Reds uniform with a Mets patch. I call B.S.!! :evil:

That means absolutly nothing! There is a Roger Clemens card, I think from one of the 2004 SP Patch sets that shows him in a Yankees Uniform on the card, is a Red Sox patch, and its from when he was on the Astors!!

Shep

*EDIT*
Here it is.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROGER-CLEMENS-AUTO- ... 1e5ab342b3

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I was looking at his recent buys via feedback to see if he buys and sells under the same account. Anyone with spare time should do some research eventually they all slip up

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I will never know why collectors spend stupid money on game used cards, sure patches look nice but there
is always the question of authenticy even if pulled from a pack. 10 years ago we would look at a patch
card and be truly amazed, but whenever I see a nice patch the first thing that enters my mind is fake. Not
worth the trouble or money.

Kevin

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
AKT74 - His jumbos are definitely fakes. That has already been discussed many times. I'm just saying that Griffey could be legit.

Kevin - Who pissed in your cheerios, bud??

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
chashawk said:
AKT74 - His jumbos are definitely fakes. That has already been discussed many times. I'm just saying that Griffey could be legit.

Kevin - Who pissed in your cheerios, bud??

Im just amazed that the smart collectors here are actually thinking this "could" be real. Are you all trying to
protect your collections? That is the only thing I can come up with. Actually I feel bad for you all, your
Griffeys are probably all legit and now one jerk off is screwing it up for everyone. I understand protecting
your intrests, and I know there are a lot of Grif guys on here and a lot of Ultimate rippers, but this is just
silly. The facts are out there, this guy does this for a living. Call it what it is and move on.

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts