Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WOW a Grand Slam sure can help sales

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I guess I should have keep buying Davis. I think I have like 10 chrome autos. I guess I should go find them :D

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Wait till he makes the team...his cards are going to go mad crazy (just like Joe Smith of 2 years ago!)

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Zambrano38 said:
I guess I should have keep buying Davis. I think I have like 10 chrome autos. I guess I should go find them :D

Yeah, Im have been watching his chrome stuff go crazy over the last 2 weeks or so.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Still has alot of defensive issues to work on, but chicks love the long ball.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I played against Ike in HS, and he was a stud then.

Loved seeing him mash today.

I shouldve picked up some of his stuff when it was cheap :(

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
AKT74 said:
Zambrano38 said:

Yeah, Im have been watching his chrome stuff go crazy over the last 2 weeks or so.

I know I have a gold (one just sold for $199), but not sure what else I have. I don't have scans on this computer. I'll know tomorrow though :D
Pefect timing for me; I am about to land a nice Zambrano memorabilia item.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still glad i traded his 1/1 Bowman Sterling Auto for the Longo 9.5 BCD 2006 and Hanley Ramirez Bowman Best 2003 Auto.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Breaking news, Ike Davis just beat Jason Heyward in an arm wrestling match!!!!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
So sell or hold?

idavis.jpg

sterike.jpg

scan0021.jpg

It not much but for about a week, he was in everything that I busted...

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I remember when BDP came out and I pulled a card of his and looked on the back of it without looking up the price.

I was like.... big market? Check. Big bat? Check. Mature enough to make a big splash in AA immediately? Check.

Then I went and checked his prices..... and proceeded to buy a ton of his stuff. I never quite realize why he didn't come out a lot hotter than he did. Power hitters generally get the benefit of the doubt. It never happened with Ike. Perhaps he just got lost in a set with Stanton, Beckham, Montero, and Posey.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Vagrant said:
I remember when BDP came out and I pulled a card of his and looked on the back of it without looking up the price.

I was like.... big market? Check. Big bat? Check. Mature enough to make a big splash in AA immediately? Check.

Then I went and checked his prices..... and proceeded to buy a ton of his stuff. I never quite realize why he didn't come out a lot hotter than he did. Power hitters generally get the benefit of the doubt. It never happened with Ike. Perhaps he just got lost in a set with Stanton, Beckham, Montero, and Posey.

I think it was the recent hyped Mets prospects track record. We have had more busts than a friday night at the playboy mansion.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
NYCrulesU said:
We're talking about a spring training GS LOL Gotta love prospectors and their hype. ::facepalm::

The person who is just now buying in is not a prospector....it's the person who bought the card six months ago and is now selling the card to this person who is the prospector.

Members online

No members online now.