Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UPPER DECK WILL NO LONGER BE PRODUCING BASEBALL CARDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Got this email earlier today

PLEASE NOTE! UPPER DECK WILL NO LONGER BE PRODUCING BASEBALL CARD PRODUCTS
FOR 2010

We have just learned, apparently as a result of the recent settlement
between Upper Deck and Major League Baseball, that Upper Deck will no longer
be producing

MLB products for the 2010 calendar year. Any items not released to date will
not be produced or released.

The following products/events have therefore been cancelled:

10UDBG 2010 Upper Deck Goudey Baseball

10UDBSPX 2010 Upper Deck SPX Baseball

10UDBSPA 2010 Upper Deck SP Authentic Baseball

10UDBNP 2010 Upper Deck "National Packtime" Promotion

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
3 is more than 0, which was the number they were supposed to make in 2010, congrats to UD for making MLB
look like fools again.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
All In Cards said:
We have just learned, apparently as a result of the recent settlement between Upper Deck and Major League Baseball, that Upper Deck will no longer be producing MLB products for the 2010 calendar year.

I'm reading between those lines.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Jaypers said:
All In Cards said:
We have just learned, apparently as a result of the recent settlement between Upper Deck and Major League Baseball, that Upper Deck will no longer be producing MLB products for the 2010 calendar year.

Yup. With a college license, there's no way they don't pull a move from their loanee and try to grab up as many draft picks as possible for SP Top Prospects / Razor Top Prospects to exclusive deals to keep them away from Topps.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Jeff N. said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="All In Cards":2imztajn]We have just learned, apparently as a result of the recent settlement between Upper Deck and Major League Baseball, that Upper Deck will no longer be producing MLB products for the 2010 calendar year.

Yup. With a college license, there's no way they don't pull a move from their loanee and try to grab up as many draft picks as possible for SP Top Prospects / Razor Top Prospects to exclusive deals to keep them away from Topps.[/quote:2imztajn]

It would be bitter sweet if UD were able to sign more than half of the 2010 and 2011 first rounders to exclusive contracts. That would really piss in Topps' cheerios.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
bballcardkid said:
Jeff N. said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="All In Cards":31xjhy21]We have just learned, apparently as a result of the recent settlement between Upper Deck and Major League Baseball, that Upper Deck will no longer be producing MLB products for the 2010 calendar year.

Yup. With a college license, there's no way they don't pull a move from their loanee and try to grab up as many draft picks as possible for SP Top Prospects / Razor Top Prospects to exclusive deals to keep them away from Topps.

It would be bitter sweet if UD were able to sign more than half of the 2010 and 2011 first rounders to exclusive contracts. That would really piss in Topps' cheerios.[/quote:31xjhy21]

Thing is, I don't know if there's a point. Topps is the only game in town. Chances are, whatever they print, it will sell out.

Maybe they won't have all of the hot rookies, but that didn't seem to hurt them when they DID have competition in 2009.... without competition, who cares? Topps'll get 'em when they hit the 40 man roster, and after all, that's what MLBP wants in the first place......

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I still see them coming out with an EEE like set unless something else comes up. If they can lock up a bunch of the top draftees whatever product they make will still sell well

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

We get it, Topps makes you wet.

But what you seem to fail to understand is that a monopoly in ANY industry is NEVER good. You can hate UD all you want, but by being happy that Topps now has no compation shows that you truely don't care about the hobby. We are now forced to buy and collect only what they want us too. I am not a cheerleader for any one company, but I have opened HUGE amounts of product over the last 10 years. I have opened great products from all companies and I have opened CRAP from all companies, but the best part was that I got to choose who's product I opened. Your joy in the death of Ud is just so strange to me. If you hated them so much it was a pretty easy choice for you to make, DON'T OPEN THEIR PRODUCTS. But many collectors enjoyed their products and will miss them. Why do you hate other collectors so much that you enjoy seeing them not being able to collect what they wanted?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
GOD, I'm soooooooooooo glad I dont collect cards anymore, for one thing, I wont feel the need to be a part of these stupid ******* pissing matches that happen on here to what seems to be a ******* daily basis. So the **** what, get the **** over it. MLB went in this direction, you are ******* stuck with it for now. Bitch all you want, until MLB wants to change the rules, they wont, so all you UD people are stuck with Topps for now. If you dont ******* like Topps, DONT ******* PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCT!!! Just like Pro Life/Pro Choice or Republican/Democrat debates, people are going to come in here, bitch about Topps vs. UD vs. MLB. To me it is stale and ******* old. Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!!!

And before you ask or comment, yeap, I'm in a ******* piss poor ****** mood.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Musial Collector said:
GOD, I'm soooooooooooo glad I dont collect cards anymore, for one thing, I wont feel the need to be a part of these stupid fracking pissing matches that happen on here to what seems to be a fracking daily basis. So the frack what, get the frack over it. MLB went in this direction, you are fracking stuck with it for now. Bitch all you want, until MLB wants to change the rules, they wont, so all you UD people are stuck with Topps for now. If you dont fracking like Topps, DONT fracking PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCT!!! Just like Pro Life/Pro Choice or Republican/Democrat debates, people are going to come in here, bitch about Topps vs. UD vs. MLB. To me it is stale and fracking old. Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!!!

And before you ask or comment, yeap, I'm in a fracking piss poor ****** mood.

The point some of us are trying to make is not that of UD V. Topps. It's that people should have a choice in what they want to collect. Like you said in your own words "Pro Life/Pro Choice or Republican/Democrat debates" in both examples you still have a choice. Collectors now have no choice.

"If you dont fracking like Topps, DONT fracking PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCT" so someone who has collected for many years should now settle for no choice in what they want to spend their money on, because someone wanted to create a single company monopoly. Thanks welcome to the old USSR.

I am not a cheerleader of any company, just a fan of choice.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Hell...maybe I can save money. Its really cool to build sets and get an auto or GU out of random packs and by buying singles but then again...it will save me a ton of money if there is only one company making stuff. Its a double edged sword for me.

Members online

Latest posts