Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is Your Current Vintage Focus?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
With so much in the way of vintage out there, both pre and post war, it can be difficult to figure out exactly what to target for your collection.

What is your current focus/goal in vintage and how did you come to decide on that?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
This goes along with another project I am doing, but I want to get signed vintage. I don't care who, but if I can get TTM/IP of some signed vintage. I love the looks of them and I want to get some of them certified by way of BGS/JSA or PSA.

Aside from that, I would just like to get into Vintage, I only have 3 or 4 true vintages (for baseball, I have onyl 2 for football) and one is some old Senators player, one is Tom Lasorda I believe, and the other is one I just bought for a $1 at TwinsFest, it is a Mickey Vernon manager card... I wish I knew where the other 2 went

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Other than to get one of each base vintage Topps of Carew and Cepeda (almost there!), I have slowly been building my 1960-1988 run of every base Topps card of the California Angels. Have completed from 75-88, and have a good amount of the earlier ones done.

Condition doesn't really matter to me, so it is not as expensive as I was thinking it would be (except for some High number cards in 60's and early 70's.

Fun to fill in the spaces in my Angel album from time to time.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
JackLondon said:
Other than to get one of each base vintage Topps of Carew and Cepeda (almost there!), I have slowly been building my 1960-1988 run of every base Topps card of the California Angels. Have completed from 75-88, and have a good amount of the earlier ones done.

Condition doesn't really matter to me, so it is not as expensive as I was thinking it would be (except for some High number cards in 60's and early 70's.

Fun to fill in the spaces in my Angel album from time to time.

I forgot, I do have a 68 bob gibson I bought at a shoe for 2 bucks, it was beat up, but I couldnt pass it up

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
500 Home Run Club Members.

One of every base checklist Topps card that they had during their playing days, slabbed by one of the big three.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
- Deadball Era Red Sox Type Card Collection
- N172 Old Judge Massachusetts Born Players

I'm a die-hard Sox fan, and a 19th century-1919 baseball history fanatic. The Massachusetts born aspect of my N172 collection is inspired by a fellow collector's Nebraska focus.

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008
I am slowly picking up '33 Goudeys, probably will never get all of them due to the expense of some of the big name cards. I was fortunate to get some of those in my initial purchase of the '33's.

Other than that, I try to obtain Cincinnati Reds vintage cards, no real focus on particular issues though.

RC

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Yankees 1951 to present. I need one 1952 card (Miller), five 1953 Bowman color, some 1975 mini's and some 1970-72 cards to complete the run. I will probably start focusing on earlier Yankees after that.
DANNY

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
new to the site, it seems really cool. It is tough to figure out which direction to head when dealing with vintage. It just gets to expensive to get what you really want. I decided to just target rookies for now, I sold off some of my high dollar vintage to start filling in some holes of the more reasonable rookies i wanted to get. I'm collecting rookies mainly in baseball and football my years ranging from 50's to 90's with some current. I decided to keep some of my big name stars such as Mantle, Williams, Clemente, Aaron ect. I just have to come to the reality I will never get there rookies. Im happy with my cards

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/ ... 20ROOKIES/

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I am going for the T206 set, minus the big 4. Maybe the big 3....I'd like to pick up a Magie one day but we will see where my funds are at when I get to that point. Right now I have 104 of the 520 of them, and it will definitely be a long road. I haven't gotten bored yet though, and I still have many great cards to pick up. It has been a lot of fun, and I will probably begin to upgrade here and there if I do find myself getting tired of it. There are so many different ways to collect the set, and it is a fun journey knowing that it's something I cannot possibly complete for a long time. The chase is better than the score sometimes, I guess.

Graymouse

Sep 1, 2008
Currently, I am focusing on getting the complete Topps set run in PSA 7 or higher from 1955 through 1959. I completed the '55 set just recently and I am working on the '56 Topps set as we speak. I probably will expand into the 1960's as well once I complete the mid to late 50's sets.

As a side quest if you will, I am also working on getting all the Braves team sets from the "dead ball" era up until present. I am slowly working on these as it is very difficult to get certain cards.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
....picking away at the 52 Bowman set to complement my 53 set. Mostly looking for "lots" as I am too far away to think about singles. I am accumulating some doubles that I would trade for other cards in the set that I need. I am looking for EX or better cards, no creases or beat up corners.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Just getting into vintage.....ADDICTING! Im currently going for one of each topps vintage of Al Kaline (graded in sgc) and one of each topps vintage of Roberto Clemente (graded in psa). Also, random vintage rookies.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
ThoseBackPages said:
LOVE IT! SGC rocks so hard!

I love SGC. I'm always amazed at how many people know nothing about them. I occasionally see the "Which grading company should I use?" or "PSA or BGS?" threads around the internet. So many people exclude SGC it's amazing.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I have and will always continue to focus on Lefty Grove. He died in Norwalk, Ohio, which is where I was born and raised. I even played baseball in what was and is still called The Lefty Grove League which was named in his honor.
Never had a chance to meet him, but I knew where he lived and a friend of mine lived right next to him.

Recently I've been going after some HOF auto'd cards and some Walter Payton Auto's.

leon

Mar 27, 2010
I collect 1900 - Pre-WWII type cards. I need a few more to be complete..Whoever said it can get a little pricey is correct. ..best regards

pd304cobb.jpg

Members online

Latest posts