Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Weekend Thread Sat/Sun 3/6 and 3/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Morning guys! Well I guess it's barely morning anymore but we can all be forgiven for sleeping in from time to time. :lol:

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Ew.... While browsing the newly listed cards on ebay, I came across this monstrosity:
352945353_tp.jpg

It took me a second to figure out what was wrong with it. The nameplate is cut in such a fashion that the strip of fabric around the 'I' is barely wider than the letter itself. There is just so much empty space where other stuff like pictures could go. What an awful card.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
That kinda sucks, but on some nameplates, there si very little room between letters. Would still be cool for a good price

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I haven't been on much lately due to moving. I came back and saw I had won the FCB Pick'em contest for that sweet Tittle auto 8X10. :D

I'll have to host another contest soon. Anyone have any good ideas?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Moving is a pain in the ass. It seriously made me want to toss out the base cards I have accumulated over the years

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Brad said:
Moving is a pain in the ass. It seriously made me want to toss out the base cards I have accumulated over the years

Soooo true. Moving is near the top of the PITA list for me. Absolutely HATE it.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
cartersprings said:
Brad said:

Soooo true. Moving is near the top of the PITA list for me. Absolutely HATE it.

I'll add my name to the hating moving list as well. It makes you reevaluate what possessions you've got that are REALLY worth taking with you.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
What's up everyone! :)

Just got back from flea marketing with the family. Luckily we went to one that had a card shop. :lol: Cracked some SPA.

Who was the one collecting the gold autos? Got a so-so autographics for you. Also looking at the 5 bubble mailers and 1 PWE that came today. Getting ready to tear into those.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Mmmmm..... going to the sushi place tonight. Can't wait. The guy who makes the sushi at this restaurant is a freaking master. He hand prepares each piece and they're as delicious as they are good looking.
photo.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
After staying up way too late last night, I'm 2-1 in Madden online. My loss came to a guy also playing as the Cowboys. He ran the same 4 plays from a no huddle, and it was impossible to figure out. He would either have some type of run to the left or a play action rollout to the right. One of two receivers was always open on the play action. It pissed me off. He also lined up to do an onside kick every time hoping to catch me offguard. If I was ready for it (I caught on quick there), he audibled to a regular kickoff. It was the most displeasurable experience of my gaming life.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Card Magnet said:
After staying up way too late last night, I'm 2-1 in Madden online. My loss came to a guy also playing as the Cowboys. He ran the same 4 plays from a no huddle, and it was impossible to figure out. He would either have some type of run to the left or a play action rollout to the right. One of two receivers was always open on the play action. It pissed me off. He also lined up to do an onside kick every time hoping to catch me offguard. If I was ready for it (I caught on quick there), he audibled to a regular kickoff. It was the most displeasurable experience of my gaming life.

There's always somebody to game the system and play a game in ways that it wasn't intended to be played. Exploiters suck. While I guess they're not technically cheating, what those guys do is still complete BS.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Groat, I'm sorry, but i can't agree with your statement about the sushi. If it tastes "as good as it looks", you're in for a bad meal :lol: . But you like it, so I hope you enjoy.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I like my food cooked. That sushi does nothing for me.

Sorry bout that CM. I have ran into people like that. It sucks since I run a normal game since that is how it should be done. I hate the people who scramble with their QB back 20 yards until the play break downs or the guy who takes a risher and just drops him into coverage manually to get in the way. It makes it a lot harder, but better when you beat them. I never run spies against the computer, but have to online. I have found a play or two on NCAA that can throw a wrench into their plans

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Broke 10 packs (what was left of a box) and got 2 hits. Not the auto/patch, but what can ya do? That's what I get for buying packs instead of a box.

SPAJacksonAA.jpg

SPAWoodRCA.jpg

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Even the 'bad' hits in SPA are better than many of the box hits in plenty of early-season products! :lol:

Members online