Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pujols 4 Time MVP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lovethatsticky

Jun 8, 2009
In 2001, Albert's rookie year, he was 4th in MVP voting behind Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, and Luis Gonzalez, all of whom have been associated with steroids scandals. Is it a stretch to say that Albert is a 4 time MVP, winning 4 in the decade?

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
lovethatsticky said:
In 2001, Albert's rookie year, he was 4th in MVP voting behind Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, and Luis Gonzalez, all of whom have been associated with steroids scandals. Is it a stretch to say that Albert is a 4 time MVP, winning 4 in the decade?

regardles of the steroids, he did not win the award, therefore no...he will probaly get it this year though

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
lovethatsticky said:

yes, it is a major stretch

You can't change what actually happened just because roids were involved. Barry Bonds is still the all time home run leader, no matter how you slice it.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
cgilmo said:
lovethatsticky said:

You can't change what actually happened just because roids were involved. Barry Bonds is still the all time home run leader, no matter how you slice it.

Couldn't have stated it better myself

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
That's a huge stretch. I think everyone will be surprised if he doesn't win another MVP, though.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
wolfmanalfredo said:
cgilmo said:
lovethatsticky said:

This. Also, Who in the world thinks Pujols is clean?!? He has been on HGH for years. I don't have a problem with it, I would do it too. Just saying.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
lovethatsticky said:

How much of "that sticky" did you have to come up with this one? :D

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
2002: 1. Bonds 2. Pujols
2003: 1. Bonds 2. Pujols
2004: 1. Bonds 2. Beltre 3. Pujols
2006: 1. Howard 2. Pujols
2007: Ninth

Decade Dominance

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
If not for Bonds, Pujols could have ended up with 10 MVP's by the end of his career.

3 Time MVP
4 Time runner up I think

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
If not for haters, Bonds could have ended with 10. Jeff Kent getting it over him is a joke! Kent would not have put up #s without Bonds in the same lineup. Pendelton stole an MVP also. Voters did not like Bonds which is why it is so amazing that he won the 7 MVPs that he did.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
2002: [strike:2axrjvua]1. Bonds[/strike:2axrjvua]2. Pujols
2003: [strike:2axrjvua]1. Bonds[/strike:2axrjvua]2. Pujols
2004: [strike:2axrjvua]1. Bonds[/strike:2axrjvua]2. Beltre 3. Pujols

Decade Dominance

Get rid of the Roider!!!!!!!!!! Pujol5 is a 19 time MVP!!!!!!!! ! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
cgilmo said:
lovethatsticky said:

While Albert deserved it, he didn't win. There isn't much to gain from revisionist history. We all know that Bonds and those others were cheating, but if baseball as a whole didn't do anything about it, then it's just what happened.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bodiaz said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
cgilmo said:
lovethatsticky said:

This. Also, Who in the world thinks Pujols is clean?!? He has been on HGH for years. I don't have a problem with it, I would do it too. Just saying.

This is also a huge stretch. Quit speaking with certainty about things you couldn't possibly be sure of.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
P_Manning 18 said:
Codasco07 said:
2002: [strike:2jayme2k]1. Bonds[/strike:2jayme2k]2. Pujols
2003: [strike:2jayme2k]1. Bonds[/strike:2jayme2k]2. Pujols
2004: [strike:2jayme2k]1. Bonds[/strike:2jayme2k]2. Beltre 3. Pujols

Decade Dominance

Get rid of the Roider!!!!!!!!!! Pujol5 is a 19 time MVP!!!!!!!! ! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

No eyebrows raised for Beltre?

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
cgilmo said:
bodiaz said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
cgilmo said:
lovethatsticky said:

This is also a huge stretch. Quit speaking with certainty about things you couldn't possibly be sure of.

+1 just because your favorite player took steroids doesnt mean every other player did (and this is coming from a big bonds fan myself)

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
who says Pujols isn't on roids? The guy does have a head the size of Saturn, so did Bonds!

plus...

Howard>Pujols

thats all

Kevin

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
bodiaz said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
cgilmo said:
lovethatsticky said:

I gotta agree with this.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Sure Pujols should have more MVP's but he dint win so the MVP's Have to stay with the players they went too. No worries as Pujols will get all his due this Decade.

OH and Pujols has been roiding since he came into the league, he is really 45 years old, he used corked bats and has never been caught... Sure what else is new :benson:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Codasco07 said:
2002: 1. Bonds 2. Pujols
2003: 1. Bonds 2. Pujols
2004: 1. Bonds 2. Beltre 3. Pujols

Decade Dominance

Yep, Bonds was dominant for sure!!

I can see Pujols winning a coupple more MVP's though.
I can see him getting busted for steroids too.
I also can see him a few years older than he is.

Heck, while we are speculating here, I can see him getting in a car crash on August 7, 2011 and ending his career.

Latest posts