Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mets Spring Training Haul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I'll make it short and sweet, and if you guys want stories, ask me.

First day autographs:
Omir Santos
Ruben Tejada
Yadier Molina
Matt Holliday

Second day autographs:
Bobby Parnell
Jennry Mejia
Justin Maxwell
Plus, got a ball thrown to me by Bobby Parnell

No auto's the third day, almost got Santana. Got another ball thrown to me though by Chris Coste. If you guys don't know, they reuse special balls from past seasons, so I got a CitiField inaugural season ball. Really cool looking.

Anyway, thanks for the look! It was a great trip.

zan

boomets

Jul 17, 2009
Im going to two mets games coming up.

One againts the cardinals one against the marlins

What did u do to get the autos?

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
boomets said:

It depends where you are/ If you are at Tradition Field, I really recommend going to the back fields before the game. If its a 1:00 game get there around 10 to catch the players practicing and warming up, etc. It's real tough to get them after the game, Tradition Field makes it hard to access them after the exit the clubhouse. If the game is at Jupiter, the clubhouses are easily accessible, and you can really go right up to the players and ask them for autographs. That's what I did for Matt Holliday. There is always right before the game in the stadium, but that's a hit or miss for sure.

zan

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Big Mac McGwire said:
nice job zan, did you try for mcgwire or pujols?
Never saw them signing. Although I heard McGwire was signing like the day before we got there. My brother and I waited for Pujols, but he never showed. He left that game around the 5th inning so we think that he just peaced.

zan

boomets

Jul 17, 2009
Zan said:
boomets said:

It depends where you are/ If you are at Tradition Field, I really recommend going to the back fields before the game. If its a 1:00 game get there around 10 to catch the players practicing and warming up, etc. It's real tough to get them after the game, Tradition Field makes it hard to access them after the exit the clubhouse. If the game is at Jupiter, the clubhouses are easily accessible, and you can really go right up to the players and ask them for autographs. That's what I did for Matt Holliday. There is always right before the game in the stadium, but that's a hit or miss for sure.

zan
Im going to Jupiter
Thanks for the info

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
boomets said:
Zan said:
boomets said:

zan
Im going to Jupiter
Thanks for the info
The place where you meet the players is around the right side of the stadium.

zan

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Big Mac McGwire said:
yo zan, im goin to jupiter for 4 games comin up, and 1 at Tradition field, for Jupiter, do they practice out on the practice fields before games? i know the games start at 1, will i be able to go to the practice field before games and try to graph there??

Don, I was at Jupiter last year, but it was early in the Spring. It was before they actually started playing games, when they were only doing practices and drills. The practice fields are behind the stadium. The Marlins are on one side, the Cards on the other. The practices were free last year and really accessible. The players had to walk between the fans to get from one fields to another. I don't know if they've changed anything, like when I was at the Dodgers a few days a go, they had walkways between the fields roped off.

I would get there early, like 9:30ish and try to catch them on the practice fields before the game. I think the chances of getting autographs are much higher because the crowds are generally smaller and from my experience, players would rather sign for a smaller crowd than a huge one. Good luck and let me know how you make out! I hear Pujols is a tough one to get.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
yo zan, im goin to jupiter for 4 games comin up, and 1 at Tradition field, for Jupiter, do they practice out on the practice fields before games? i know the games start at 1, will i be able to go to the practice field before games and try to graph there??

Don, I was at Jupiter last year, but it was early in the Spring. It was before they actually started playing games, when they were only doing practices and drills. The practice fields are behind the stadium. The Marlins are on one side, the Cards on the other. The practices were free last year and really accessible. The players had to walk between the fans to get from one fields to another. I don't know if they've changed anything, like when I was at the Dodgers a few days a go, they had walkways between the fields roped off.

I would get there early, like 9:30ish and try to catch them on the practice fields before the game. I think the chances of getting autographs are much higher because the crowds are generally smaller and from my experience, players would rather sign for a smaller crowd than a huge one. Good luck and let me know how you make out! I hear Pujols is a tough one to get.

He's tough but if you get him he's a real nice guy.

Members online

Latest posts