Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Acceptable shipping time from the Topps Vault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
So I broke down and bought one of the blank back cards from the Topps Vault. Yes, I'm a sucker.

I paid 12 days ago and it's still not arrived yet. Assuming it shows up and the delay was just them, what's an acceptable timeframe in your opinion? Keep in mind I'm only 3 states away and their shipping charge was $4.75 for a single card. Maybe I'm unreasonable, but I would expect $4.75 for shipping should get the card relatively quickly. I've honestly had cards arrive quicker from both Taiwan and Venezuela, and for a smaller shipping charge.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
They should be allowed the same amount of time you would give someone on Ebay. Plus you should give them 1/5 stars for shipping cost. :lol:

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I have purchased autographed baseballs from them several times. They usually take about a week and a half which I feel is understandable with the volumes they are dealing with. I would however rate them low on the feedback in terms of their shipping fees.

Tom

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Tom Oates said:
I have purchased autographed baseballs from them several times. They usually take about a week and a half which I feel is understandable with the volumes they are dealing with. I would however rate them low on the feedback in terms of their shipping fees.

Tom

If it's a postal service problem, so be it. However if they sat on a card and didn't ship for almost 2 weeks, I'm certainly not leaving positive feedback. If they have large volumes, business must be pretty good and they need to hire someone else to help process packages.

IMO 2+ weeks after payment is unacceptable, especially if they're charging $4.75 for a single card.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
As for the shipping cost, the braintrust at Topps ships them in a box (atleast they used to) instead of a mailer, so I guess it's a little more justified.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
OK, I tracked down their phone number and called them. They simply goofed and just didn't send it out yet. They apologized and they'll cover shipping.

Well handled, stuff happens and I appreciate the gesture of picking up the shipping cost.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
VizquelCollector said:
OK, I tracked down their phone number and called them. They simply goofed and just didn't send it out yet. They apologized and they'll cover shipping.

Well handled, stuff happens and I appreciate the gesture of picking up the shipping cost.

WoW, that is nice of them!

I purchased several of these blank back 1/1's a couple years ago when they were in BGS slabs. Getting the slab well packaged in a box made the shipping seem worth $5. I noticed this year that they do not appear to be slabbed though, so I don't think the shipping will be worth the $5.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I got a Dawson blank back last year and I like it.
They come with COA's and all that jazz.
BTW, can't complain about the shipping costs if you know it beforehand, just my opinion though.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
goldenegg1 said:
I got a Dawson blank back last year and I like it.
They come with COA's and all that jazz.
BTW, can't complain about the shipping costs if you know it beforehand, just my opinion though.

Not complaining about the shipping up front, but given the high shipping price I'd expect it to arrive timely.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
VizquelCollector said:

Nice! I just won an Erstad.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Last week I won a proof card on Tuesday and got it Thursday

I was a little shocked!

And they do ship in big boxes and other packaging so the 4.75 isn't that out of line.

Members online