Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

topps quality control in full effect.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
good job topps there is only 1 in the world and you cant avoid edge chipping?

Torre.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
it's not even like it's just a small little chip, it's like two full sides of the card. The edges for that card should not receive higher than a BGS 4 if it were to be graded. Absolutely terrible.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I would also like to add I was checking ebay for the new sterling and found this, its not mine. I wish it was and before I seen the close up it almost was, but not now.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
nyc3 said:
I would also like to add I was checking ebay for the new sterling and found this, its not mine. I wish it was and before I seen the close up it almost was, but not now.

Ah, my mistake :) Either way, that's a crappy decision by Topps.

che stadium

Aug 16, 2008
Got any dip to go along with those chips?

BTW it is a godawful ugly card to begin with. Did Joe Torre get captured by a bunch of Shrinky Dink freaks or what? And that color of green looks like the wallpaper in my parents kitchen circa 1972.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I saw a couple of cards like that when I was searching Sterling last night on Feebay.
It's totally pathetic and just shows that they really don't care what they put out there.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Maybe the other two sides were also supposed to be chipped to give the card that antique look. I realize that it would have taken some imagination to do something like that and we know the card companies don't have nearly enough of that.
Its a shame they don't care enough to make their products better.
DANNY

Members online

Latest posts