Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone looking at the trade board on the Topps MCG site?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
It's amazing. Many of the offers are laughable in that the card being offered is like a 2000 Jorge Posada for a 1952 common, however, there are some pretty unbelievable offers too. Two of my absolute favorites and the part I don't understand is that they have stood for several days now:

1953 Vic Wertz is being OFFERED for a 1990 Cal Ripken Record Breaker ::facepalm::
1958 Paul Foytak is being OFFERED for a 1989 Don Mattingly :benson:

Not only asking myself how anyone could make these offers but how could anyone holding the Ripken or Mattingly (and there are many!) let those offers sit there? LOL

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Bill Menard said:
It's amazing. Many of the offers are laughable in that the card being offered is like a 2000 Jorge Posada for a 1952 common, however, there are some pretty unbelievable offers too. Two of my absolute favorites and the part I don't understand is that they have stood for several days now:

1953 Vic Wertz is being OFFERED for a 1990 Cal Ripken Record Breaker ::facepalm::

Not only asking myself how anyone could make these offers but how could anyone holding the Ripken or Mattingly (and there are many!) let those offers sit there? LOL

Wow, where do you go to see other peoples trade offers?

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Messier2 said:
Bill Menard said:

Log in, Click on Trade Cards, then click browse trade offers, and finally click the all offers tab. You can then select the year or search for player and specify if you want to search for what people are offering or what they are requesting.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Bill Menard said:
Messier2 said:
[quote="Bill Menard":24getugq]It's amazing. Many of the offers are laughable in that the card being offered is like a 2000 Jorge Posada for a 1952 common, however, there are some pretty unbelievable offers too. Two of my absolute favorites and the part I don't understand is that they have stood for several days now:

Log in, Click on Trade Cards, then click browse trade offers, and finally click the all offers tab. You can then select the year or search for player and specify if you want to search for what people are offering or what they are requesting.[/quote:24getugq]

Sweet, thanks. I have 21 offers for my 1952 Runnels and all have been laughable at best. So, I'll just let them sit to make them think I'm actually considering their offer! hahaha! :twisted:

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
I have a lot of trade offers for a 1973 Topps Carl Yastrzemski. Probably the best one is a 1956 Topps Wally Westlake. The others are pretty lame (1987 Rafael Palmeiro). Would you do that trade? I'm thinking about it.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
djrulz said:
I have a lot of trade offers for a 1973 Topps Carl Yastrzemski. Probably the best one is a 1956 Topps Wally Westlake. The others are pretty lame (1987 Rafael Palmeiro). Would you do that trade? I'm thinking about it.

Isn't that Palmeiro's rookie year? I'd do it!! ;)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Messier2 said:
Sweet, thanks. I have 21 offers for my 1952 Runnels and all have been laughable at best. So, I'll just let them sit to make them think I'm actually considering their offer! hahaha! :twisted:
The Runnels is yours?

I was looking at the "ALL TRADES" tab and saw some crazy trade requests for that card.

When I'm trying to pick up something older, I'll almost always front load the trade to try to level it out a bit. IE: If I want a '55 common, I'll try to trade a '59, '60 and '61. To some, that may be fair, others not...but for people to be requesting a '52 for a single 2008 common is hilarious.

There still just aren't many "fair" trades. I think I've done probably 20 trades so far....but it's tough.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
djrulz said:

To me, that's pretty close on the Yaz and Westlake. Neither is a high dollar card, and even though Yaz is a HOFer, '56s are nice additions.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
200lbhockeyplayer said:
djrulz said:

To me, that's pretty close on the Yaz and Westlake. Neither is a high dollar card, and even though Yaz is a HOFer, '56s are nice additions.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Neither being high dollar, but if I can get a high grade on the 1956, I think it would be worth it. The only thing I'm thinking is will the 1973 Yaz with a high grade be more desireable than a '56 common high grade?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
djrulz said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
djrulz said:

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Neither being high dollar, but if I can get a high grade on the 1956, I think it would be worth it. The only thing I'm thinking is will the 1973 Yaz with a high grade be more desireable than a '56 common high grade?
I wouldn't be thinking "high grade" on any of these.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Messier2 said:
The Runnels is yours?

I was looking at the "ALL TRADES" tab and saw some crazy trade requests for that card.

When I'm trying to pick up something older, I'll almost always front load the trade to try to level it out a bit. IE: If I want a '55 common, I'll try to trade a '59, '60 and '61. To some, that may be fair, others not...but for people to be requesting a '52 for a single 2008 common is hilarious.

There still just aren't many "fair" trades. I think I've done probably 20 trades so far....but it's tough.

Yup, that's me. I believe it's the only Runnels 52 to be "unlocked" and it's one of the few RC's in the set.

I mean if they offer a Jeter auto or something, I may bite! lol :lol:

But, I'm looking to get it sent from topps and maybe grading it if it's in decent shape!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I just redeemed a couple...nothing newer than '72 with my favorite being...

1956-BB-TS1-290-NA_F_285x412.jpg

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
I got a 52 high number rc of a cub and I have been getting a LOT of crazy trade requests for it, i guess if you make a lot of attempts eventually you will get someone to accept even if it was an accident

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
dadofandrew said:
I got a 52 high number rc of a cub and I have been getting a LOT of crazy trade requests for it, i guess if you make a lot of attempts eventually you will get someone to accept even if it was an accident

You won't... there is an accept and then a confirm trade screen that asks you if you are really sure you want to complete the trade :)

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I just redeemed a couple...nothing newer than '72 with my favorite being...

1956-BB-TS1-290-NA_F_285x412.jpg

I would love that Curt Simmons, but if you don't want to trade, I understand. Could do a '59 Reds common and a couple other cards with it for the Simmons!

Members online

Latest posts