Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

With all this talk about the Yankees getting CC Sabathia...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
here is my contribution.

First this...

2911972238_960f8669bf.jpg

Then this...

2911124893_8309af73ec.jpg

Finally ending with this...

73677853-50c7-4fe9-a7e6-0aa8590399d.jpg

End of discussion. Yankee and CC Sabathia fans, go home.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
He's no doubt the best FA pitcher out there this year, but pitching is a finicky thing. Certain guys play better in certain situations and stadiums. He's not been a great big game pitcher either.

Especially closers. There's not telling on them. It wouldn't shock me to see Putz end up playing better and closing a good chunk of the games this year for the Mets. Then again, they could all have better years than ever.

I never draft pitchers in fantasy for this very reason. They just don't have consistency like hitters.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
nborton said:
He's no doubt the best FA pitcher out there this year, but pitching is a finicky thing. Certain guys play better in certain situations and stadiums. He's not been a great big game pitcher either.

Especially closers. There's not telling on them. It wouldn't shock me to see Putz end up playing better and closing a good chunk of the games this year for the Mets. Then again, they could all have better years than ever.

I never draft pitchers in fantasy for this very reason. They just don't have consistency like hitters.
I bet if you talked to people who drafted Tim Lincecum in the later rounds they were very happy.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
darocker80 said:
nborton said:

I bet if you talked to people who drafted Tim Lincecum in the later rounds they were very happy.

Later rounds is fine. I'm talking 1st or 2nd round.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
nborton said:
darocker80 said:
nborton said:

oh yeah, i never go with a pitcher first.

I dig picking josh hamilton 19th round.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
darocker80 said:
nborton said:
darocker80 said:
nborton said:

Wow! That's crazy low. I got him in the 10th to 12th I think in my league last year. I was eying him the whole draft. #1 pick talent + Texas = tons of HRs and RBI potential.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
nborton said:
darocker80 said:
nborton said:
darocker80 said:
nborton said:

Wow! That's crazy low. I got him in the 10th to 12th I think in my league last year. I was eying him the whole draft. #1 pick talent + Texas = tons of HRs and RBI potential.
yup also had kinsler on my team. 1-2 Texas punch. and i had that one guy who is no longer on the team lol

Members online

Latest posts