Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Carl Crawford play 2011 in pinstripes?

Does Carl Crawford play 2011 in pinstripes?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Was wondering what people thought? The way things are lining up it seems like a real possibility.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I voted yes. I believe Tampa's pitching will let them down (personal opinion, don't kill me :oops: ) and I believe he'll get dealt in July.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I say he ends up in a Braves, Giants or Angels uni if he is traded but would rather it be Upton.. I dont think the Rays brass would welcome the thought of having to see Crawford in a Yankees uniform the next 10 years.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I just don't see it.

I see the Rays keeping him, and even if they don't, I still don't see him going to the Yanks.

Not all great players on small market teams go to the Yanks.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
This has to be completely false considering the Yankees offered Damon 2 years/$14 million.

Jastermereel said:
Supposedly thats why they didn't resign Damon.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Skorris CCBC said:
Not all great players on small market teams go to the Yanks.

Maybe not, but they do all eventually migrate to big markets.

Also, I love to see someone's thought pattern displayed so clearly.

Poll, do consistently good small market players eventually get noticed and go up in value?

Answer, yes, but usually they go up because they move to a bigger market, sometimes even the rumor of it happening does it.

Poll, Hey anyone heard the Crawford to NYY rumor?

So transparent Top, ;)

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jared said:
I really hope so, but you never know.

Could you imagine the lineup?

C - Montero/Posada
1B - Teixeira
2B - Cano
SS - Jeter
3B - Rodriguez
LF - Crawford
CF - Granderson
RF- Swisher/???
DH - Posada/Monetro/???

I don't even know how to order those guys in a line up.

That would be WOW!

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
Mo and Jeter will re-sign, more than likely (unless Mo retires, which I doubt he will). I don't think they have any other major free agents that will be re-signed. Payroll is actually lower in 2010 than 2009. Crawford would shore up LF for years.

I think they'll go after him hard.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
1999_carl_crawford_topps_auto_bgs_9_5.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
Maybe not, but they do all eventually migrate to big markets.

Also, I love to see someone's thought pattern displayed so clearly.

Poll, do consistently good small market players eventually get noticed and go up in value?

Answer, yes, but usually they go up because they move to a bigger market, sometimes even the rumor of it happening does it.

Poll, Hey anyone heard the Crawford to NYY rumor?

So transparent Top, ;)
I'm not too good at hiding my intentions am I? :)

Actually that post had more to do with one of my very general thought processes when looking to invest, and more specifically related to Halladay and Adrian Gonzalez than Crawford. As surprising as it may seem, I actually have cards of a couple players besides Crawford (and in Gonzalez case I've been looking to pick a few up.)

That said, as a Yankee fan and Crawford fan (and someone with way, way too many copies of one card for any person) it would be the perfect storm for me.

Incidentally I voted "no" as my gut tells me he'll stay in Tampa, though that may simply be because he's always been there and I can't picture him in another uniform.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
God I hope he doesn't go to the Yankees...if he does, he's off my list of favorite players. Teixeira is no longer on that list. My biggest hope is that he stays with Tampa Bay...if not there, then the Braves (yes, I'm a homer). But, as we've all seen this unwind, he'll probably end up selling his soul for those Yankees pinstripes. Don't do it, Carl!

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i voted no. imo, albeit a biased one, i think he is going to wind up with the angels. the angels have been high on him for a while now and after letting figgins, lackey and guerrero walk they will have some money to spend next off season. i see the angels being one and done on matsui and throwing a 6-8 year deal at crawford....if they don't make a move for him at the deadline. if it goes down, i could see the halos lining up like this next season...

lf crawford
2b kendrick
dh abreu
cf hunter
1b morales
lf rivera
3b wood
c mathis/napoli
ss aybar

Members online

Latest posts