Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOT Atlanta's next big player!

Will Heyward take over for Chipper as fan favorite when Chipper retires?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90FTaway

Oct 2, 2009
Pittsburgh
Who will be the next big player for the Atlanta Braves after Chipper Jones retires? Does Heyward have the right stuff?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
90FTaway said:
Who will be the next big player for the Atlanta Braves after Chipper Jones retires? Does Heyward have the right stuff?

People need to let Heyward at least play in one big league game before they clear spot for him in the HOF. It was not that long ago Andruw Jones was the toast of the town hitting 300-35-100 and sealing bases.

wolf324au

Jan 30, 2010
muchuckwagon said:
People need to let Heyward at least play in one big league game before they clear spot for him in the HOF.

I'm glad someone else is thinking this...

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
nec, is there something in your banner or avatar, everytime i open a thread where you post in it my computer gets soooooooo damn slow, annoying

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
Heyward, if he comes close to living up to the hype, will be, otherwise its McCann for the foreseeable future. Pitchers are rarely faces of the franchise...

Words of caution though, think of how much time/money the Braves PR staff wrapped into Francoeur, and how far that got them, and he had the benefit a great debut in the ML (not comparing Heyward to Francoeur, just acknowledging the marketing risks of trying to make a player the face of the franchise in his first couple years)

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
miguelcabrera said:
nec, is there something in your banner or avatar, everytime i open a thread where you post in it my computer gets soooooooo damn slow, annoying

Nope.

We actually have a new setting for the FCB. Every time a member trolls, we take away a little bandwidth.

:twisted:

90FTaway

Oct 2, 2009
Pittsburgh
I hype around Heyward is unbelievable right now.... but if things go in his favor he might be the man in Atlanta. I thought it would be a fun poll.

I also like McCann and Hanson.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
abravesfan said:
Heyward, if he comes close to living up to the hype, will be, otherwise its McCann for the foreseeable future. Pitchers are rarely faces of the franchise...

Words of caution though, think of how much time/money the Braves PR staff wrapped into Francoeur, and how far that got them, and he had the benefit a great debut in the ML (not comparing Heyward to Francoeur, just acknowledging the marketing risks of trying to make a player the face of the franchise in his first couple years)
Tim Lincecum, Zach Greinke, Justin Verlander

They are pitchers capable of being franchise players ;)

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
darocker80 said:
abravesfan said:

Tim Lincecum, Zach Greinke, Justin Verlander

They are pitchers capable of being franchise players ;)

I'm sorry, did I miss the memo that 'rarely' been redefined to mean "never, not a chance, can't happen"? :?: :lol:

If Tommy Hanson wins a Cy Young or throws a no-hitter, he'd be in the mix, but until then I'll put my money on McCann and/or Heyward. Everyday players have a distinct advantage in that, well, you get to see them everyday. See Chipper Jones v. Greg Maddux.

Members online

Latest posts