Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT- Cars broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
So woke up this morning to find that both my wifes and my jeep were broken into. This is a very depressing thing in the first place, but I left my glove box unlocked and the f!#$%$ing thief got my ipod and iTouch. They left my CD's and the change in my console. But everything was out of all the compartments, there cards through out (nothing important). They did not mess with our nice aftermarket stereos, go figure.

My Wife's jeep is a soft top so all the consoles were locked tight, so they didnt get anything there, just moved stuff around.

The thing that upset me he most is they took 30+ books of .57 cent stamps and the gift card I got from my Water Polo team I coached.

The good side I went out to my car around midnight and got my Iphone out, I mailed stuff that had been in my car yesterday. Also maybe their kids will be getting a nice Christmas, but i doubt it.

Thanks for letting me rant...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nothing pisses me off more.I am glad I have never caught anyone breaking into my truck.Its been broken into 3 times before but if I ever had caught anyone...I'd probably do something really stupid.

G

Man that sucks, I have to wonder though why you left your Ipod and Touch in your car.
Not bagging on you at all for your lose. Just asking.
And as a for what they took, My neighbor who is a cop says the thief's are usually just young
kids and will only take what can fit in the pocket most of the times. Small things most of the times.

G

predatorkj said:
Nothing pisses me off more.I am glad I have never caught anyone breaking into my truck.Its been broken into 3 times before but if I ever had caught anyone...I'd probably do something really stupid.
My other neighbor has camera' on his garage facing his driveway, he cought 2 of the neighborhood rats
stealing from his and my other neighbors cars.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Man that sucks, I have to wonder though why you left your Ipod and Touch in your car.
And as a for what they took, My neighbor who is a cop says the thief's are usually just young
kids and will only take what can fit in the pocket most of the times. Small things most of the times.

My mother had her Durango broken into last christmas and all they took was a mickey mouse sweatshirt she had.Didn't even touch anything else.Didn't fool with the radio or screw with the ignition.,I figured it was just a homeless person that was cold as plenty of them hang out under the freeway right there by where my folks live.I am not sure you can fault somebody for something like that.But it would still piss me off.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
predatorkj said:
My other neighbor has camera' on his garage facing his driveway, he cought 2 of the neighborhood rats
stealing from his and my other neighbors cars.

What did he do?

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:

They were in the Glove compartment plugged into the stereo. they have been in there since i had put in stereo a year ago. The glove box is usually locked.

If you want to comment on stupidity both have alarms and neither was on.

This is my wifes
bjeep4.jpg

This is mine
cjeep12.jpg

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
I had someone break into my house once. I heard him downstairs, so I waited patiently.

He got several things out, while I was watching. I knew he couldn't stop, so he came upstairs to get more.

I stabbed him once and I held the knife to his throat while he called 911 from his cell phone to tell them about the break in.

The police thought it was pretty funny that I made him call.

David

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
dethomas07 said:
I had someone break into my house once. I heard him downstairs, so I waited patiently.

He got several things out, while I was watching. I knew he couldn't stop, so he came upstairs to get more.

I stabbed him once and I held the knife to his throat while he called 911 from his cell phone to tell them about the break in.

David

Um WOW.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
dethomas07 said:

David

Holy cow! What a story! That was very brave of you!

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
MTBright said:
dethomas07 said:

David

Um WOW.

I just cannot stand someone invading my privacy and trying to take control of my life. That is what fear does, it gives them control.

David

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
dethomas07 said:
MTBright said:
dethomas07 said:

David

Um WOW.

I just cannot stand someone invading my privacy and trying to take control of my life. That is what fear does, it gives them control.

David

I understand, not saying anything negative, just pretty amazing.

G

MTBright said:
Pine Tar said:

They were in the Glove compartment plugged into the stereo. they have been in there since i had put in stereo a year ago. The glove box is usually locked.

Hey read my post I was not bagging on you, I just asked why they were still in the car that was all.
Ok you left them in there, I have done it too. Sorry if this offend you. I have had my car broken into
back in 1994 actually it was broke in 2 days in a row. First time they took small stuff, second time they came back
and stole the radio, but this time they broke my window to get in.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
dethomas07 said:

David

Honestly I think thats awesome.But with today's legal system...I am surprised they didn't do something boneheaded like try you for kidnapping and holding someone hostage.If you would have told me they did...I would certainly believe you!

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
dethomas07 said:

David

Out of all the people on this boards I would never think you would do that. I don't think it is wrong, actually I think it is awesome, but I just never thought you would do that lol. Nice!

OP- sorry to hear about the break in.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
MTBright said:
[quote="Pine Tar":3mor6f2d]Man that sucks, I have to wonder though why you left your Ipod and Touch in your car.

Hey read my post I was not bagging on you, I just asked why they were still in the car that was all.
Ok you left them in there, I have done it too. Sorry if this offend you. I have had my car broken into
back in 1994 actually it was broke in 2 days in a row. First time they took small stuff, second time they came back
and stole the radio, but this time they broke my window to get in.[/quote:3mor6f2d]

I am not offended at all, just explaining. Trust me the alarm will be on always now, or at least for a few weeks till I get lulled into to safty

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Man, that sucks. I had my old car broken into twice - once when I had my snowboard and boots in it. I was at a friend's house, and I didn't realize that her neighborhood was THAT sketchy - thing that pisses me off is that it cost more to fix the window than to replace the stuff they stole. Same with the other time in SF - I had nothing of value in the car, and they broke into my car costing me about $500 in damages, but nothing of value was taken.

G

MTBright said:
Pine Tar said:
MTBright said:
[quote="Pine Tar":10dd9ynq]Man that sucks, I have to wonder though why you left your Ipod and Touch in your car.

and stole the radio, but this time they broke my window to get in.

I am not offended at all, just explaining. Trust me the alarm will be on always now, or at least for a few weeks till I get lulled into to safty[/quote:10dd9ynq]
LOL Ok then sorry again for what happened to you.
you know my wife locks the car doors even if it is in the garage and the garage is closed.

Members online

Latest posts