Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AJ ******* debuts with Diamondbacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Loved seeing this story. One of my favorite kids I've ever met and dealt with. Hope for the best from him, card wise or not. Although I hope his prices don't go up......

http://taoofsteve.mlblogs.com/archives/ ... debut.html

******* makes D-backs debut
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- A.J. Hinch thought it was best not to give A.J. ******* too much time to think about his first taste of Major League baseball.

*******, who was Arizona's second pick in the first round of the 2009 First-Year Player Draft (17th overall), was brought over from Minor League camp as an extra player for Wednesday's game against the Dodgers.

"We only gave him about 10 hours notice," Hinch said. "We called him last night at about 9 and told him to be on the bus at 7 a.m."

******* was going to play Sunday, but both split-squad games that day were shortened by rain.

In the seventh, ******* entered the game in center and got his first at-bat in the ninth. And when I say first at-bat I mean not just the first of the game, but the first time he has faced live pitching this year.

He laced a double to left-center and advanced to third on a groundout. Hinch put the contact play on -- meaning that ******* was to run when contact was made by hitter Jake Wald. Wald hit a grounder to short and as ******* slid home safely with the game-tying run when shortstop Ivan DeJesus Jr. threw low to plate.

"He laid into that ball he hit it as squarely as you can hit it," Hinch said.

******* said he was nervous, but not in the way you would think.

"I was just ready to go," ******* said. "I wanted to stay as relaxed as I could [at the plate]. I was a little nervous going in there mostly for the field, the hitting I was like whatever. You know you go into your first at-bat of the year if you don't perform you get back out there and get going again. I didn't want to misplay a fly ball, I didn't care if popped up."

Judging by the impression he made, it seems safe to say we haven't seen the last of ******* this spring.

"He's not too far removed from being a camp invite or moving up the chain," Hinch said. "He's an exciting player."

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Just for you JP!

ajlilpapi.jpg

and some of my favorite cards

commodoresauto4-1.jpg

100_0116.jpg

Oh yeah and this one..... Still shocks me that a friend pulled this card.....

brandonmosssuper3.jpg

Members online

Latest posts