Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Getting Sick of Prospects, Changing Up The Focus To These...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Im sick of prospects so Im changing up the focus a bit for awhile. Thinking about starting a REAL Rookie collection. This way I can enjoy my collection without constantly thinking, 'should i buy, sell, hold..' I guess in a way Im changing from the volatility of stocks to the security of bonds. :D Here are my first 2 pick-ups, I think it looks like a pretty nice 3....

Bm1iU7QmkKGrHqMH-DkEtrWUsdJwBLhFN-H.jpg

G1_1270600-035.jpg

58Kaline.jpg

59Kaline.jpg

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Nice looking Payton. I've always loved that card. It's like he's looking at a cute female photographer and just got done saying, "Hey baby, my name's Walter".

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Payton is a Great RC for sure. I used to own a 1976 unopened cello pack w/Payton on Top. Got $600 for it years ago, but I still to this day wish I hadn't sold it.

And I have to say this, I think Waltor was the BEST Damn RB in the History of the NFL, and I'd even go as far to say probably the best football player I think the games ever seen. I know Mike Ditka has said that, but from everyone I've watched I believe this too. I'd love to see the NFL Network show some old games in which he played!! He was the whole package and remains one of the most sought after player cards there is.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Off and RUNNIN'!!! LOVE IT!!!

that Kaline RC is fantastic looking, as is the eye appeal of the Roberto!

as was already mentioned, welcome to the dark side, or as i like to call it, the adult club :)

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Fantastic pickups....absolutely love that Kaline RC, that is one I don't see too often.

Keep it up man, looking forward to seeing more! :)

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys! 'The adult club' is exactly what it is. I thought it was funny when I noticed my girlfriend and family members are MUCH more interested when they see these compared to a Julio Borbon red ref auto. :D

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I like to stick with the known hof guys and soon to be as well i have built up a pretty good collection of rookies as well. the ones you started with are the last few on my list. good luck with your collection.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I think I accidentally follow you around. First Upton, now vintage. Just got my first T206 a couple days ago! If there was an easy way to sell off 95% of my current collection (all but a few key cards) and start picking up more vintage, I think I'd have already done it by now. :D

Members online