Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Derek Lowe to the Mets!?!?

Too much money per season?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Nick1190 said:
Seems like it is in the process of being complete! We've really went all put on pitching so far!

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiret ... year_deal/

I would have liked him on the Phils but I don't think he mixes well with the Mets. Also 4 years at 60 million or so(if it is 4 years) for any pitcher is risky. He hasn't gotten hurt in awhile though and his stuff might get better with age.

The good thing is the Phillies get to face him lol. It will also be interesting to see how does not pitching in LA and if the Mets new park will be hitter or pitcher friendly(take a look at home/road splits).

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm going to say that it WAS worth it. Lowe to me, because of his sinking stuff, can pitch into his upper thirties.

If he was a flyball pitcher, then I would go the other way. Still, the rotation looks to be solid, the bullpen is solid, and assuming Delgado can produce still, the lineup is one of the most dynamic in baseball.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
I'm going to say that it WAS worth it. Lowe to me, because of his sinking stuff, can pitch into his upper thirties.

If he was a flyball pitcher, then I would go the other way. Still, the rotation looks to be solid, the bullpen is solid, and assuming Delgado can produce still, the lineup is one of the most dynamic in baseball.

I though he was older he is 36 in June which aint bad. They NEED Delgado badly in that lineup. Murphys bat would not hurt either.

rookieautos

Jul 9, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:
Nick1190 said:
goblue6919 said:
Thank god the Yankees didn't get him.

Instead they're paying Burnett more money.

Lowe was a much better signing.

I'm bumping a thread from the offseason. Just made me chuckle.
If they win the Yanks win the WS which they should, then the Burnett signing was far better than Lowe.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
You can't look at a contract based on the first season. The reason that the Yanks got Burnett was because they were willing to offer him length. After both players have finished their contracts, you can judge each. While i do think that Burnett was a smarter signing, the two had pretty similar season value wise (frangraphs), but Burnett played for a superior team.

Members online

Latest posts