Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Antonelli have a shot to start at 2b this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
He is mashing this spring batting .474 now and Eckstein isn't doing much batting .133, Anyone think Antonelli has a shot if he keeps doing what he is going?

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
I've been following this closely and the Padres beat writer says he won't even make the roster. But I do believe he has put himself back on the map as the heir to 2nd base.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Seiya said:
I've been following this closely and the Padres beat writer says he won't even make the roster. But I do believe he has put himself back on the map as the heir to 2nd base.

Eckstein has good defense but thats it, he brings no offense to the table, kind of sucks.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
jjj7880 said:
Seiya said:

Eckstein has good defense but thats it, he brings no offense to the table, kind of sucks.
Yea that's exactly what I think, but his veteran experience and "scrappyness" has the Manager in love with him. I don't see it. ::facepalm::

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Seiya said:
jjj7880 said:
Seiya said:

Yea that's exactly what I think, but his veteran experience and "scrappyness" has the Manager in love with him. I don't see it. ::facepalm::

Isn't that what the Padres need most is offense? Thats where they are lacking!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Seiya said:
jjj7880 said:
Seiya said:

This is why I began to dislike the end of his ERA in STL.

When asked why they liked Eckstein, people would say "Because he runs down to first base after a walk!"

Didn't matter that he was injured all the time, and his performance was lacking.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
IMG_0013-2.jpg

I have high hopes for him, too... Would love to see him as a starter on Opening Day, but it's unlikely...

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
jjj7880 said:
Seiya said:

but a guy who hit .196 in AAA last year brings more to the table then Eckstien? I'm confused.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
cubfan131 said:
jjj7880 said:
Seiya said:

but a guy who hit .196 in AAA last year brings more to the table then Eckstien? I'm confused.

That's sooo last year. Antonelli has been fastantic this ST, so the consistent he will be for the rest of ST, then maybe...

Members online

Latest posts