Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 SPA is sloppy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
I've read a lot about UD making a mistake by letting the hand numbered /5 patch autos into circulation rather than keeping them for the redemptions. This may or may not be true, but I'm somewhat disappointed from a PC perspective regarding the Chris Wells redemptions. Check this auction:

[ebay:1fwu6eu6]110506164480[/ebay:1fwu6eu6]

All of the regularly numbered SPA patch autos I've seen (/499 or /999) have a silver border and look really sharp. The only Wells I've seen thus far has the gold border. While I'd love to have a low numbered Wells in addition to the couple of /499 that I am waiting for...I was looking forward to that silver bordered card.

I hope sloppy production doesn't result in all miscolored /499 cards; hopefully I'm wrong.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
It is silver, and looks clearly silver to me in the second pic. It is probably just the light from behind reflecting off the foil.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
That would be cool if it was simply a bad picture or reflection. They all look gold to me.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
Yup, its silver. The light he has above it is making it look gold. You can see the gold color on the soft sleeve pack in the last picture, and we all know they are clear. Its just the reflection.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
SPA isn't sloppy!

I am liking my incoming redemptions more now. Hope I get a patch like that...

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
That card is amazing, funny that it would be critisized here. Kudos to UD for the quick turn around on that
redemption. Anyone seen any of the other redemptions?

Kevin

Members online