Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF auto #199 for my PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Willard Brown (1915-1996) played in the ***** Leagues before and after his service in WWII. "Home Run" Brown (a nickname given to him by Josh Gibson!) also played 21 games for the St. Louis Browns in 1947, becoming the first black player to hit a home run in the American League. He had a .355 career average in the ***** Leagues and is believed to be among the all-time leaders in home runs as well. Brown was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2006.

This is auto #199 for my HOF collection. The auto shows up MUCH better in person than the scan shows. There is a postmark cut from an envelope that has been glued to the back with the date of 14 Dec 1984. I don't send many of my autos out to PSA/DNA, but I will most likely send this one.

Who will be #200 for my collection? Who knows, but I have my eye on a couple of things in the Heritage Signature Auction in April.

Brown.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Congrats on the add! I've been looking to get one of his for a while now, but end up going after other things instead.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the kind words, guys. It is fun to add an old-timer like Brown to my collection and learn about his part in the history of this great game.

BTW, I was in Cooperstown last week. Enjoyed the Hall of course, but was hoping to see some tougher auto available there for sale. Outside of a Gehrig baseball and Ruth photo, none of the higher-end or more obscure earlier players' autos could be found. Great time of year to be there, though, as we had the Hall basically to ourselves.

Members online

No members online now.