Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Latest USA Buy has arrived. Man is it a beauty of a card!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Just got this in late last week. Finally got time to post it up.

PedroMVPauto5.jpg

Since release, I have never seen one of these for sale until now. I wonder what the overseas buyers would pay for this card, if it were available to them.

Either way, it's now one of my favorite cards from my collection.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
NECpilgrims8 said:
Just got this in late last week. Finally got time to post it up.

PedroMVPauto5.jpg

Since release, I have never seen one of these for sale until now. I wonder what the overseas buyers would pay for this card, if it were available to them.

Either way, it's now one of my favorite cards from my collection.

Holy SCHNIKES !!!! :shock:

That's one helluva card :shock:

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Nice card! That card was up on Ebay for a bit after release of the product though the one on Ebay was #d 1/5 (I believe the seller was a board member, but not sure?), the seller wanted $500 obo & I believe it ended up selling for $150ish.

Anyhow, it is a sweet pickup & I immediately admired it when I first saw it on Ebay!

Nice going, Dave. :D

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
I'll probably try and grade it first, since it's actually in great condition for the set.

Then, I'll decide whether it's PC or time for a relist.

In person, the card is downright stunning.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
I'll probably try and grade it first, since it's actually in great condition for the set.

I personally wouldn't grade it unless you don't mind having an 8 or 9 for an auto since the Japanese signature goes outside the window more than 1 time.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
It's been a while but I have seen one copy of that before. I threw about a $50 bid at it and got outbid pretty quickly.

Really nice card that could end up pretty huge depending upon how this year goes for Pedro.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jjj7880 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

I personally wouldn't grade it unless you don't mind having an 8 or 9 for an auto since the Japanese signature goes outside the window more than 1 time.
+1

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
jjj7880 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

Eh, you're right. Didn't think of that.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
jjj7880 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

You're right about that. Only thing I could never understand when it comes to BGS grading autos. Especially ones like this that are "signed" in the window. It's not the players fault for it looking like that. Don't the players just sign sheets of that stuff and the company places it on the card? Take 2002 Prospect Premieres for example. Alot of Fielder and Greinke's autos go under the card in the window and BGS hammers them. They signed the paper and those should be 10 autos. Down grade the surface, do to poor auto centering if that is the case on those.

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts