Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Royals fans...Trade thought from a Jays fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
Im just wondering what you would think about a possible trade of Alex Gordon. As a Jays fan we need a future 3rd basemen and I dont think we have it in Encarnacion. The Royals have Moustakas and Hosmer to cover the the corner infield positions for the future. With the struggles of Gordon, do you think the Royals brass would consider trading him and if so what do you guys think the Jays would need to give up for him?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
matty07 said:
Im just wondering what you would think about a possible trade of Alex Gordon. As a Jays fan we need a future 3rd basemen and I dont think we have it in Encarnacion. The Royals have Moustakas and Hosmer to cover the the corner infield positions for the future. With the struggles of Gordon, do you think the Royals brass would consider trading him and if so what do you guys think the Jays would need to give up for him?

I'm guessing the Royals would start by wanting Ricky Romero.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
matty07 said:

Teams are always interesting in moving players, as for the Royals, I think they may just make this moving your asking about.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
55_marlins_sp said:
matty07 said:

You think so even with the struggles he's faced so far.. I was thinking maybe start with cecil or zach stewart

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
55_marlins_sp said:
matty07 said:

:lol: Wanting and getting are 2 different things.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
Pine Tar said:
[quote="55_marlins_sp":23zibtd5]
matty07 said:

:lol: Wanting and getting are 2 different things.[/quote:23zibtd5]

HAHAHA...I mean his stock has considerably fallen and thats no secret. He's shown a bit of success, but I dont think that success can get you a potential #1 starter in Romero.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
justinmandawg said:
Neither Hosmer nor Moustakas will be worth a quit swearing I'd trade Gordon for a retired player.

HAHAHAH...So the question is. Do you think he's even available?? or are the Royals losing patience and feel, lets get somethign for him before he really falls

cvn66

Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, Wa
In a lineup that contains both Yunieski Betancourt and Jason Kendall, I can't imagine they would acutually "give up" on Gordon - both of those guys make Gordon's numbers look great in comparison.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
cvn66 said:
In a lineup that contains both Yunieski Betancourt and Jason Kendall, I can't imagine they would acutually "give up" on Gordon - both of those guys make Gordon's numbers look great in comparison.

Betancourt and Kendall don't play 3b though. No excuse for a 3b hitting under .300 /30/100 or something close to that higher or lower on stats.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
matty07 said:
justinmandawg said:
Neither Hosmer nor Moustakas will be worth a quit swearing I'd trade Gordon for a retired player.

HAHAHAH...So the question is. Do you think he's even available?? or are the Royals losing patience and feel, lets get somethign for him before he really falls

He's not available until at least he's off the DL. He won't take ANY coaching. pretty much not the team player he said he'd be.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
matty07 said:
Pine Tar said:
[quote="55_marlins_sp":wvvkjf60]
matty07 said:

:lol: Wanting and getting are 2 different things.

HAHAHA...I mean his stock has considerably fallen and thats no secret. He's shown a bit of success, but I dont think that success can get you a potential #1 starter in Romero.[/quote:wvvkjf60]

Well, to be fair, he actually did reach the majors, and manage to win 13 games last year. Probably a good middle of the rotation pitcher.

Frow

justinmandawg said:
cvn66 said:

Betancourt and Kendall don't play 3b though. No excuse for a 3b hitting under .300 /30/100 or something close to that higher or lower on stats.

The 3rd basemen they've had since Dean Palmer 12 years ago would tend to disagree