Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fantasy Keeper help, thread #8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
:oops:

I took serious risks last year and got killed. My starting salary was too high, so give me your opinions!

We have a total salary of $275. 28 man roster. Head-to-Head, Individual Categories System. Score on hr, r, rbi, sb, obp.....k, w, s, whip, era

These are the one's I'm thinking of, 2010 salary shown (we add $4 a year per keeper)

Morneau $32
Crawford $33
Figgins $19 (only thinking this high since he'll perhaps get 3b and 2b eligibility)
Young $14 (I had him as my SS last year due to eligibility but that'll be lost. Having a good ST, good solid year, but too much to pay?)

I actually kinda know those answers but I wanna see what the gallery says, here are the ones I'm :| about
Cahill $5
Marquis $5
Nolasco $9
e. Santana $9
Hamels $33 (don't wanna homer it up here, but strong pitching is hard to come by. A serious bounce back season???)

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
How many players do you have to keep, if any?

I would keep Crawford at $33 and Nolasco at $9. Those are the only values I see. Figgins would be an ok value at $19, but I hate to have a 3B with no HR or RBI potential. Most of the others I suspect you will be able to buy back this year at a reduced rate. Deciding who to keep will also depend on what other teams are planning to keep. If you don't think there will be any decent 1B available to draft, maybe keeping Morneau at $32 would make sense, but I personally think you could get him cheaper this year if not the same value.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Good Luck!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
we can keep 7 and there are 2 i didn't list that I'm keeping for sure.

I'm thinking just what you said, but figgins sb and runs are clutch. His power is non existent obviously but two position eligibility is worth a lot.

Hamels is a toughie as his salary is high but there are very few 1 or 2 starters available that will receive that amount of run support and win opps.

Crawford or Morneau is staying, one or the other i can afford that salary. Easier to get value in OF of course......Tex, Howard, Pujols, Fielder, Berkman all kept. I think Crawford is in a contract year? That's a plus.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
What makes you think Figgins will get 2B eligibility? How many games do they need to play to get eligibility? He only played 2 games at 2B last year, most leagues require 20 games from the previous season. If he is eligible at 2B, I would definately keep him. At 3B, I think you are better off keeping Young at $14 or going after a better option at the draft.

As for Morneau, I still say you can get him cheaper or the same price at the draft. Better to keep Crawford in my opinion.

As for Hamels, I do like him to have a good bounceback year. But $32 seems like a high number. The way I see it, if last year he was bought at $32 coming off his best year. How much will he be drafted for coming off his worst year? I can't see the number being as high.

Members online