Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ST Struggles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
What do you think about guys like Logan Morrison and Matt Wieters?

"Worried" or "who gives a sh!t? it's just spring training."

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
aaron41984 said:

weiters ~ worry.

Morrison ~ not worried.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
EricInCT said:
aaron41984 said:

weiters ~ worry.

Morrison ~ not worried.

Agreed...

The big difference between these two guys is that Wieters was supposed to be MLB ready (and ready to be "The Next Mike Piazza" according to some) at the beginning of last season. Not to mention he was the #1 overall prospect in baseball for a lot of people at the beginning of last season.

Morrison on the other hand, is not supposed to be MLB ready at this point (although he's getting close, could be this year). He hasn't played a single game of Triple-A ball at this point and only was able to play half the season in Double-A last year. I attribute his struggles to his inexperience and him simply pressing because he wants to impress everyone with this being his first real experience against major leaguers. It seems that he may be busting out of it, with a couple hits in his last couple games (plus whatever else he does today).

And keep in mind that this is a very small sample size for each of them, once their respective seasons begin, their performance will be far more telling of where they stand.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
EricInCT said:
aaron41984 said:

weiters ~ worry.

Morrison ~ not worried.

Agreed...

The big difference between these two guys is that Wieters was supposed to be MLB ready (and ready to be "The Next Mike Piazza" according to some) at the beginning of last season. Not to mention he was the #1 overall prospect in baseball for a lot of people at the beginning of last season.

Morrison on the other hand, is not supposed to be MLB ready at this point (although he's getting close, could be this year). He hasn't played a single game of Triple-A ball at this point and only was able to play half the season in Double-A last year. I attribute his struggles to his inexperience and him simply pressing because he wants to impress everyone with this being his first real experience against major leaguers. It seems that he may be busting out of it, with a couple hits in his last couple games (plus whatever else he does today).

And keep in mind that this is a very small sample size for each of them, once their respective seasons begin, their performance will be far more telling of where they stand.

Morrison now has 2 hits today including a double. I think he's got some confidence back and will bust out the rest of ST.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
I have to respectfully disagree with both of you on Matt W. Sure, he has the moniker of being the next Jesus Montero to live up to, but he should be fine.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
chowell3fan said:
I have to respectfully disagree with both of you on Matt W. Sure, he has the moniker of being the next Jesus Montero to live up to, but he should be fine.

Yeah I think I misspoke to say that I think we should be worried about him...what I meant was that we should be MORE worried about him than Morrison. But like I said, this is a tiny sample size...if I'm not mistaken, Wieters only has 13 at-bats or so this spring. Hardly enough to make a serious judgment about what kind of season he will have.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Now, are you worried about them as baseball players, or baseball cards?

i think Matt will be a fine baseball player. His baseball card days have long ago peaked.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
ThoseBackPages said:
Now, are you worried about them as baseball players, or baseball cards?

i think Matt will be a fine baseball player. His baseball card days have long ago peaked.

I just chimed in so I could get in the Jesus Montero joke......

BUT, that said, I think Matt is going to be MORE than a fine player.

I am not so sure about Logan

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
not worried about either.

Bumgarner is the answer to this question. throwin like a girl

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
I was really hoping that chris heisey was going to produce big this spring i guess my 10 sterlings and gold sterling will have to wait.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
Codasco07 said:
Madison Bumgarner has faced 35 hitters this spring training. He's walked seven and struck out none of them

and his 'stuff' is no better than a juco pitcher right now. 86 mph fastball with poor secondary pitches. i would break out that bumgarner kool-aid pitcher if i didn't think it to be incredibly cruel at this time

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Nick Johnson - OBPS: 1.896

Johnson is struggling bad, hopefully he hits better in the regular season

~

Members online

Latest posts