Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What does a card in a toploader in a bubble mailer weight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Sorry for the ignorant question, but only recently started printing shipping labels on eBay. Has someone made a guide for the different kinds of cards? Right now just need to know a single regular card in a toploader in a bubble mailer, but would love to know of a good reference.

Thanks

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Just weighed one earlier. One card with toploader in a small bubble mailer was 0.7 ounces.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I generally use 1 oz. for a single thinner card in a team bag and toploader or 2 oz. for an Exquisite type card. Some people buy scales to weigh their cards, but I've just guesstimated on weight and have been fine. The mailing system doesn't seem to be too picky on weight.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Generally from .6-.9 ounces. I usually go with .9, because it doesn't really cost any more than .6, and that way you're definitely covered.

Be careful though, sometimes the PO gets all grouchy about Delivery Confirmation packages being 3/4" thick. I usually wrap them in plastic (grocery bag) to make it a little thicker and it doesn't add much to the weight.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys. I'm not sure why it took all these years to start doing it from home, though I really did love waiting on line at the Post Office....

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I use 3 ounces, just because it costs $1.75 and its easy to remember when i go to update my spreadsheets, lol. Rather spend the extra .15 or so and never have to worry about any issues.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Topnotchsy said:
Thanks guys. I'm not sure why it took all these years to start doing it from home, though I really did love waiting on line at the Post Office....

And paying alot more for DC too...But there's usually SMOKIN' Hot chicks behind the counter!! :lol: :lol:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
Topnotchsy said:

And paying alot more for DC too...But there's usually SMOKIN' Hot chicks behind the counter!! :lol: :lol:
To be honest I do have to say that the people at my local Post Office were quite pleasant to deal with and over the years it did become like seeing acquaintances but the time involved was ridiculous.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
1 oz for single card with toploader and team bag

3 oz for single graded card and graded card sleeve

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
jaymix79 said:
always use two ounces here also.
Mine are a little over one ounce because I also wrap the card with extra bubble wrap. Seems to work for both the added protection and helps meet the 3/4" minimum for DC if the PO chooses to be picky.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
2 oz here. Better to be safe than sorry (IE: someone getting postage due notices with their package).

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Wait!!

You guys have hot chicks behind the counter??? Ive gone to mine quite a few times and have yet to find one that is remotely cute.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think he was joking about the hot girls... the only female at my PO has penciled in eye brows, is about 50 lbs overweight, and has traces of a 'stache. For what it's worth, she has a good personality, LOL!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts