Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Authors. Writers. Literary Figures.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Does anyone else TTM writers?

A few of my favorite successes:

McCaffreyAnne.jpg
Anne McCaffrey

PollockDonalrdRay.jpg
Donald Ray *******

DuncanDave.jpg
Dave Duncan

AndersonKevin.jpg
Kevin Anderson

AnthonyPiers.jpg
Piers Anthony

HerbertBrian.jpg
Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson

CacekPD.jpg
PD Cacek (this one is actually shaped like an owl)

CornwellBernard.jpg
Bernard Cornwell

I've been trying to get more literary authors lately with little success. But I did get one from an amazing writer so far:

DrakeMonica.jpg
Monica Drake

Now share what you have!

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Have a ton of TTM author autos, but only have a couple scanned:

Louise Erdrich note:
erdrichnote.jpg

Thomas McGuane note (on his ranch stationery):
mcguanenote.jpg

Will have to scan up my others!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If you count ESPN's Bill Simmons as a writer. He inscribed his Book of Basketball "To Joel: Eat Poop!" - Bill Simmons

Not quite Charles Dickens but awesome.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
jbhofmann said:
If you count ESPN's Bill Simmons as a writer. He inscribed his Book of Basketball "To Joel: Eat Poop!" - Bill Simmons

Not quite Charles Dickens but awesome.

Scans, man. Scans.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
E.L. Doctorow (11-97)
sc0001e69d.jpg

T. Corraghesan Boyle (1-97)
sc0001e69d01.jpg

Doris Kearns Goodwin (4-96)
sc0001e69d02.jpg

Ruth Prawer Jhabvala (11-97)
sc0001e69d03.jpg

Gen. William Westmoreland ((3-98)
sc00022c0d.jpg

Suzanne Strempek Shea (2-97)
sc00022c0d01.jpg

Ray Bradbury (5-98)
sc00022c0d02.jpg

One of my favorites; Edward Woodward best known as an actor (The Equalizer, Breaker Morant) but also a fine writer as well. (6-99)
sc00025777.jpg

sc0004fb4c.jpg

sc00022c0d03.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Also, had a great time meeting Jeff Garlin at a signing last week. He was hilarious and extremely friendly to everyone (he even bought over $100 of books to donate to my librarian wife's elementary school library!!!)

The book is extremely funny, too. He also signed my Season 1 DVD of Curb Your Enthusiasm. One of the best inperson signings I have ever attended.

SAM_0244.jpg

SAM_0241.jpg

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Years ago my late aunt worked at a local restaurant called Roy's BBQ. I live in a small town, but Roy's has pretty good food; one local celebrity usually visits once or twice a year (Kenny "Sky" Walker).

However, one day in around....1995 (?) famed author Stephen King stopped by while passing through the area. My aunt was lucky enough to get his autograph, which I now own.

skautograph.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
ffgameman said:
Years ago my late aunt worked at a local restaurant called Roy's BBQ. I live in a small town, but Roy's has pretty good food; one local celebrity usually visits once or twice a year (Kenny "Sky" Walker).

However, one day in around....1995 (?) famed author Stephen King stopped by while passing through the area. My aunt was lucky enough to get his autograph, which I now own.

skautograph.jpg

That is very, very, very cool!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Andrew, the level of sweetness in your collection is too high. By law you have to reduce it or face stiff financial penalties and possible jail time. To avoid this issue, please address 25% of your collection to me and place it in your nearest USPS blue box.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
No scans but for Mother's Day last year I didn't have any money to buy anything for her so I relied on my awesome TTM skills and got Sue Grafton (it came a long time after Mom's Day, but I still think she enjoyed them)

I was honest with Sue and she sent 2 book plates (one for me and one for her, but I let her have both, if I want another one I can write back for myself) and a letter that was typed, but she put pur names in it (and she thought that I was a girl). She doesn't TTM hardly because book dealers would send her boxes and boxes of books to sell in shops.

Search her website for her addy. But becareful how you write your letter, she might not send back

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Awesome :) You need to get us a scan!

That actually brings up an issue that I have found a good solution to. A lot of the authors I've contacted are hesitant because they fear reselling. You may notice that a lot of my autos have my full name. I've gotten several that don't sign to send to me by suggesting they put my full name so they know I won't be trying to move it. I mean, what are the odds I find another Billy Neill to sell to?

Also, to my friend that is a fan of the arctic Danielle Steele, all of your images are gone! BOO!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Yeah if I can find them I will put them up :p

She also now sends my mom (brain fart... drink islands? No... COASTERS! Yes...) a drink coaster whenever she gets a new book out, I don't read her books but it would be cool to get one or two and get them signed.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Per Billy's request, I will repost some deleted images:

Louise Erdrich (fantastic author!)
erdrichnote.jpg

E.L. Doctorow
sc0001e69d.jpg

Doris Kearns Goodwin
sc0001e69d02.jpg

Ray Bradbury
sc00022c0d02.jpg

Ruth Prawer Jhabvala
sc0001e69d03.jpg

T.C. Boyle
sc0001e69d01.jpg

Thomas Mcguane
mcguanenote.jpg

Suzanne Strempek Shea
sc00022c0d01.jpg

Spike Lee
sc000960bd.jpg

David Sedaris
scan0028.jpg

Salman Rushdie
scan0021.jpg

Jeff Garlin
SAM_0244.jpg

General William Westmoreland
sc00022c0d.jpg

Eugene McCarthy
scan0098.jpg

scan0001.jpg

George McGovern
scan0096.jpg

Jimmy Carter
scan0008.jpg
scan0010.jpg

Have several others, but don't have them scanned right now, including a Buzz Aldrin signed book that is one of my favorites. :)

Last edited:

Members online