Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chanukah contest #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The first contest and main thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20180&start=30

The Chanukah poem contest for the Greenberg bat is still going on.

Meanwhile here's the second contest. It's really simple. Share a thought about Chanukah. A message about the holiday itself and what it means to you. Something inspiring.

Winner will receive an Al Rosen Sweet Spot Autograph to help with their Jewish players PC (what, you don't have one? Well, it's time to start!! :))

0a27_1.jpg

Let's see what you've got.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
dreidel dreidel dreidel
I made you out of clay
dreidel dreidel dreidel
with you I will play

I am not a jew so this is the best I can do.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Chanukah to me is when the higher up's in the recording industry, the producer's & head's of various movie studio's along with many, many company's vp's & president's get together to celecbrate a spiritually symbolic & religious tradition that has been passed down for year's! .....Sorry, I'm not Jewish (but I tried) :D

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
I'll share my experiences.

Chanukah for me has epitomized, more than any other time of year, family. After each person lights the Menorah, we "dance" in a circle, singing the series of songs that are somewhat standard. Through the years we never received a whole lot of presents, but as we got older we started giving my parents presents. Considering they never really spend money on themselves, it was a nice surprise for them the first time a couple of years ago when we gave my Mom a gift certificate to a spa (took me 3 hours to find the place to buy the certificate because I had bad direction, and didn't want to use a credit card because they would have seen the receipt.) We got my Dad an iPod that year.

Chanukah has also always been a time for family parties, and a nice break during the winter to recharge batteries, remember the past, and energize for the future.

Nothing spectacular, but fond memories.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
My fondest Hannukah experience came when I was 7 years old. My brother and I wanted an N64, but my parents told me that it was too expensive and they could not get it for us. Well for the first night, we open our presents, and there is a knock on our front door. My dad answers it, and he comes into the family room holding an N64. The surprise and the jubilation of that moment has stuck with me for the 11 more years I have played that N64 haha.

zan

hamels heros

Aug 14, 2008
oo chanukah lol well hears mine....

i was about 7-8 and my family and i were opening presents.. and as usual i went first since i was the youngest woo. i open one after another... until i open i specificly bright orange one... i was curious. as i continue to open it... i find out that it is a six pack of sunkist lol. i did love orange soda and i still do.

just one of those things i remember lol

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Chanukah to me is when the higher up's in the recording industry, the producer's & head's of various movie studio's along with many, many company's vp's & president's get together to celecbrate a spiritually symbolic & religious tradition that has been passed down for year's! .....Sorry, I'm not Jewish (but I tried) :D
K stereotypical and tasteless. You won't be winning the contest. And don't worry, it's not because you're not Jewish.

zan

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I am not good with words so here is my entry.

[youtube:355u8z9d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrd9p47MPHg[/youtube:355u8z9d]

JacobAlastra

Sep 14, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Chanukah is the only time when my entire family gets together. For the passed 15 years i loved eating Potato Lotkus(spelling sorry) with my entire family gathered around the table. This year was the first time we have gotten together without my Grandpa since he passed last March. We still have a place set for him and i will always remember him saying Kaddish as he lit the Manora. :cry:

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Zan said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
K stereotypical and tasteless. You won't be winning the contest. And don't worry, it's not because you're not Jewish.

zan

It was a joke, I'm not Jewish & therefore I have no Hanukah experience's....I wrote the reply all in good fun (after all it "is" Christmas). I don't expect to win but whom are you to state whether I win or lose (is this your contest)?
Have a Merry Christmas (try not to sweat the petty stuff bud) :D

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone else have any stories to share?

Out of curiosity, does anyone actually have a Jewish PC? I figured the Jewish player cards were a nice holiday touch, but I've gotten curious if anyone has taken this angle on a PC?

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
not really. the only two jewish players i really like are koufax and greenberg, as both were domiinant. (if you count braun then him too :))
I've owned a koufax hof postcard psa/dna, and gave it to my dad. had a 16x20 psa of him but sold it. had a few different greenberg autos, but not anymore. i still do have a few autos and rookies of tony cogan though

Topnotchsy said:
Anyone else have any stories to share?

Out of curiosity, does anyone actually have a Jewish PC? I figured the Jewish player cards were a nice holiday touch, but I've gotten curious if anyone has taken this angle on a PC?

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
chanukah is when my family seems to forget our conflicts and get together. i see my cousins uncles and aunts along with my grandparents. we all have stories whether they are meeningful or one of those crappy stories when making an atempt to be funny but laugh anyway to make that storyteller feel good. finding the matzah is annoying my gramps manages to put it in a spot in my house that i didnt even realize existed, but winner gets twice there age in money or 3x there age if under 8

Members online

Latest posts