Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can someone explain how this is a $50 card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Print run of 25. Plus a popular set, I don't see this as surprising.

Were you around 10 years ago when this was common for any card #/d to 25?

js0000001 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Puckett-Trammell-Boggs-Molitor-2005-Prestige-INSERT-25_W0QQitemZ370349890878QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item563a92dd3e

for different player collector for four different players all lock in an epic battle

I just wish I was the one selling it

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, 3 people willing to go over $30 for it. The lone sniper was probably surprised at what it took, too.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Puckett stuff always sells great. He is one of the most popular and most expensive when it comes to the really hard to get stuff. I love finding rare Puckett stuff to sell. The other guys on that card aren't too shabby either.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Since I am the one who one it, I figure I'll chime in. It's the last card of Trammells that I needed from playoff prestige and I've never seen it before so I bid to win. The card was bid up by Trammell collectors, who apparently have jobs that pay well because they've been bidding things up like crazy lately. Also, the person who I beat has one of the nicest Trammell collections I've ever seen so it's always nice to get a card that he needs.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
TramFan3 said:
Since I am the one who one it, I figure I'll chime in. It's the last card of Trammells that I needed from playoff prestige and I've never seen it before so I bid to win. The card was bid up by Trammell collectors, who apparently have jobs that pay well because they've been bidding things up like crazy lately. Also, the person who I beat has one of the nicest Trammell collections I've ever seen so it's always nice to get a card that he needs.

congrats on the win.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
moxacaine said:
TramFan3 said:

congrats on the win.

+1

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
Thanks guys. The other thing is, I know because I won it, another will show up and sell for 12 dollars. But if I didn't win it, it would never show up again. Thats the luck of player collectors.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
TramFan3 said:
Thanks guys. The other thing is, I know because I won it, another will show up and sell for 12 dollars. But if I didn't win it, it would never show up again. Thats the luck of player collectors.

+1, just happened to me.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
uniquebaseballcards said:

js0000001 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Puckett-Trammell-Boggs-Molitor-2005-Prestige-INSERT-25_W0QQitemZ370349890878QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item563a92dd3e

for different player collector for four different players all lock in an epic battle

Cards /25 or less were not as common then as they are now. Were YOU around?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Russ S. said:

js0000001 said:

I were :ugeek:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
js0000001 said:
Russ S. said:

js0000001 said:

This cracked me up, though I think the idea he is offering is undeniable. In the past there were far fewer /25 cards and therefore such a card went for far more than a /25 card generally gets now.

Throw in the fact that now that the use of the internet is so widespread and search engines are incredible and you can find things much easier.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
TramFan3 said:

Congrats man!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Just because more may be made today doesn't mean there isn't precedent.

Even though more cards #d/25 are produced today, that doesn't seem to affect the values of the older cards #d/25, does it? But yet they're all numberd to 25... Certainly this card looks as nice as inserts #d/25 four years prior.

Topnotchsy said:
js0000001 said:
Russ S. said:

js0000001 said:

This cracked me up, though I think the idea he is offering is undeniable. In the past there were far fewer /25 cards and therefore such a card went for far more than a /25 card generally gets now.

Throw in the fact that now that the use of the internet is so widespread and search engines are incredible and you can find things much easier.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
TramFan3 said:

Congrats on the pickup. I recognized the second highest bidder as someone with a fairly insane Trammell collection and decided to stay out as I didn't want to get into a bidding war. I'll just have to wait for another to surface.

Alex

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Just because more may be made today doesn't mean there isn't precedent.

Even though more cards #d/25 are produced today, that doesn't seem to affect the values of the older cards #d/25, does it? But yet they're all numberd to 25... Certainly this card looks as nice as inserts #d/25 four years prior.

Topnotchsy said:
js0000001 said:
Russ S. said:

[quote="js0000001":24nd4twp]http://cgi.ebay.com/Puckett-Trammell-Boggs-Molitor-2005-Prestige-INSERT-25_W0QQitemZ370349890878QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item563a92dd3e

[/quote:24nd4twp]

Can't say as for the exact year but I can't count on both hands and feet how many times I have won a Bagwell numbered to /25 for around $3.

Members online

Latest posts