Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Threads 2008 Grading question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
How hard are these to grade out?? I have a few Jennings and Brown that might be worth slabbing. Not really sure what to look for since there really is no centering. Normally I submit on centering and decent edges and decent surface..cant really tell with these.
Centering depends on the team name centered at top of card??
Thanks

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
RCRX said:
How hard are these to grade out?? I have a few Jennings and Brown that might be worth slabbing. Not really sure what to look for since there really is no centering. Normally I submit on centering and decent edges and decent surface..cant really tell with these.
Thanks

Corners are number one and surface is number two.

Those corners are brutal.....I just received a jennings back from bgs 9.5 but it wasn't easy.

I think I had 6 and only one made the cut.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
EricInCT said:
RCRX said:
Thanks

Corners are number one and surface is number two.

Those corners are brutal.....I just received a jennings back from bgs 9.5 but it wasn't easy.

I think I had 6 and only one made the cut.
Thanks-
I will take them out and check out the corners!!

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
TOUGH grades.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/ba ... 0Anderson/

My biggest flip was this though: Bought for $3, graded, and sold for $65.
ThreadsStolmyPlatinum95.jpg

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
back especially. the back corner are esp. bad on most 08 dlp products. leaf limited the worst.

They are pretty leiniant with the grading for the back corners unless it is leaf limited or elite, the mirrored front surface is BRUTAL to grade.....look at the card under BRIGHT light and hold the card at different angles......do not send these in blindly for you will lose tons of money when you receive 8.5s and 9.0s that have no premium.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
EricInCT said:
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
back especially. the back corner are esp. bad on most 08 dlp products. leaf limited the worst.

They are pretty leiniant with the grading for the back corners unless it is leaf limited or elite, the mirrored front surface is BRUTAL to grade.....look at the card under BRIGHT light and hold the card at different angles......do not send these in blindly for you will lose tons of money when you receive 8.5s and 9.0s that have no premium.
Its just 08 Donruss threads. I looked at the cards I have and I think only 3 out of about 10 even have a shot. I only want 9.5's. I will take all your tips and check out how I think they look.
Thanks guys/gals!

Members online

Latest posts